FRIDGE issues yet again

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 jayco with a Norcold n611 fridge that keeps dying on me. I got the cooling unit replaced 2 years ago and now the fridge dies after 4-6 days. The 2-6v batteries are good.I had to get the circiut board rebooted last month and the propane pressure increased so it worked good for about 1 week, but now after working for 4-6 days it quits It flashes 5 times, then I turn it off and turn it back on and it takes 12-14 hours to get cool again. the repair shop wants the trailer for possibly 2 weeks but my vacation starts this weekend so it's back to coolers till mid August then I will guess I :confused:have to take it in to the repair shop . So any ideals what it could be? the flame is good, the trailer is sitting level at the camp. (the cooling unit is under 7 year warranty) any thoughts on this?????? :confused::confused:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I haven't got a clue. But you mentioned that your holidays start this weekend. Go to Walmart/Crappy Tire/wherever and buy a cheapo electric fridge that you can plug in on their power. Always use it for a beer fridge at home or put a big Polaris sticker on and sell it when you get back.....:D

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a camp site that has only battery power or the solar kit on the trailer roof so the electric fridge might not be the best idea but good suggestion
I haven't got a clue. But you mentioned that your holidays start this weekend. Go to Walmart/Crappy Tire/wherever and buy a cheapo electric fridge that you can plug in on their power. Always use it for a beer fridge at home or put a big Polaris sticker on and sell it when you get back.....:D

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could try checking the thermistor. Mine failed but it did the opposite, it froze everything in the fridge but it can have the opposite effect, is your freezer working

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a 2007 jayco with a Norcold n611 fridge that keeps dying on me. I got the cooling unit replaced 2 years ago and now the fridge dies after 4-6 days. The 2-6v batteries are good.I had to get the circiut board rebooted last month and the propane pressure increased so it worked good for about 1 week, but now after working for 4-6 days it quits It flashes 5 times, then I turn it off and turn it back on and it takes 12-14 hours to get cool again. the repair shop wants the trailer for possibly 2 weeks but my vacation starts this weekend so it's back to coolers till mid August then I will guess I :confused:have to take it in to the repair shop . So any ideals what it could be? the flame is good, the trailer is sitting level at the camp. (the cooling unit is under 7 year warranty) any thoughts on this?????? :confused::confused:
I have no idea what that would be, but I think I would just replace the whole fridge. Seeing how you have warranty, jmho

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no it's the same as the fridge , It takes 12-14 hours to cool off. I take the food out when I leave the camp just in case it dies when I am gone. I threw out lots of wild meat and stuff a few weeks ago so the food that wasn't used comes home with me
Could try checking the thermistor. Mine failed but it did the opposite, it froze everything in the fridge but it can have the opposite effect, is your freezer working

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a rv tech check my fridge , stove and furnace last year.
He had to change the propane regulator and both lines..

Now something interesting he mentioned was the oil/mercaptain can accumulate in the propane cylinder and plug the regulator and line slowing flow and causing appliances to quit.

Have you tried a different propane bottle. Just an idea.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did try another tank and no difference. After the propane pressure was bumped up the repairman did do a 5 minute pressure check and it was good.
I had a rv tech check my fridge , stove and furnace last year.
He had to change the propane regulator and both lines..

Now something interesting he mentioned was the oil/mercaptain can accumulate in the propane cylinder and plug the regulator and line slowing flow and causing appliances to quit.

Have you tried a different propane bottle. Just an idea.

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Without seeing it my best guess is there is a blockage in the cooling unit slowing the circulation down. Is there any yellow residue near the flame box? Could possible be a gas valve as well. How does it operate on elec?

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could try disconecting the fridge and removing it and put it upside down one trailer floor for a day or 2 and then put it back in and. Try it I know of people this has worked for after the rv dealer said the fridge was toast and needed to be replaced

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^What he said. Does it work on AC? On DC the battery draw is next to nothing....need propane....and not much propane. The flame required to run a RV fridge is about the size of a Bic lighter. Thermistor is one thing to check, then the board. Don't buy a factory board....get a Replacement boards for Norcold Refrigerators

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had one doing a similar thing. Like previously said, had an oily gunk accumulate in the line. Had to disconnect both ends of the line and blow it out with an air compressor. Got a lot out too.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I keep it out at the camp for the summer so not sure about how it operates on elec. there is no yellow residue near the flame box I still think it could be the blockage issue..
Without seeing it my best guess is there is a blockage in the cooling unit slowing the circulation down. Is there any yellow residue near the flame box? Could possible be a gas valve as well. How does it operate on elec?

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is straight out the top. so I would think that I need to take the top vent off?QUOTE=campingnut;1752280]One last thing to check is the venting for the fridge, is it in a slide or straight out the top?[/QUOTE]

campingnut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might be able to take the outside cover off of the fridge and look up to see if you see daylight. If not clime on the roof and make sure a bird or something has not build a nest in the vent.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks campingnut for the advise and all the others responses
You might be able to take the outside cover off of the fridge and look up to see if you see daylight. If not clime on the roof and make sure a bird or something has not build a nest in the vent.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took the fridge out on my own on the long weekend and took it into the repair shop. i should find out in the next day or so what the issue is. The vent was clear of any little critters. If it's the cooling unit it is covered under warranty.I went back and used coolers with ice and my beer was cold so all good until the fridge is repaired and back in the trailer

Top Bottom