fox floats or revalve walkers

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what do youguys think is the best way to go? I see cycle works has been selling fox float 3 shocks for 50% off retail. Carls cycle can revalve the stock walkers for 500US. They say that the walkers are awesome after they are finished, but I have no knowledge of what "awesome" is.

Carls sells fox also and am thinking that they would try to upsell you if the walker revalve wasnt that good??!!

Anyone done any testing of both to compare??

I just ordered the raptor triple rate springs for the stock shocks but now think I should get the shocks done also. they have approx 1600km on them. or go fox all around.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fox shocks suck. Back in the day I spent big money on a top of the line set for my race quad. They weren't that great. Next I had a set on a stock Apex, They absolutely sucked. Next I had a set on my lifted Silverado. They leaked, and the truck never seen a dirt road. Now I got a set on my stock rzr and they are no better than any other brand, I'm confident they will self destruct soon. Fox shocks are so overrated!

However I give them credit on their great marketing and I assume a very profitable company.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have the regular WE's or clicker version? A guy posted the revalve specs for making the regulars work really well over on Snowest. I have no personal experience with that setup though. I purchased the Burant Fox's from CW, hopefully they are decent.

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have the regular WE's or clicker version? A guy posted the revalve specs for making the regulars work really well over on Snowest. I have no personal experience with that setup though. I purchased the Burant Fox's from CW, hopefully they are decent.
Well im hoping that the float 3 evol are a decent shock as i bought the same set as you from cycle works. Good price at 1450 for the full set. I heard different thoughts as to revalving the stock non clicker walker evans shocks. Damage is done now i guess no turning back. Dont like hearing the thoughts of the previous post!lol. Either i took the chance and bought raptor springs at 400 and spent another 650 with carls cycle to revalve or bought the fox. Hope the float 3 version is better than previous versions.

i priced out a set of raptor shocks but for 3000 i could not justify the cost.

csharko

Reaction score
I put Fox Float 3 Evol on the rear skid 2 winters ago and i love them, the factory walkers never made a season and the chrome flaked off and blew the seals and bent a cross shaft, I also installed neoprene covers to protect the coating on them, so far i would recommend them.

geelak900

Reaction score

I can do this revalve set up for you in Edmonton. Search the thread on Snowest by TRS. I expect it would be the same or similar to the Carl's setup. I have done it but have not had it on the snow yet. Supposed to work excellent, as good as the aftermarket stuff. I can do the complete revalve on all four shocks including the one spring that needs to be changed for $500CDN.
Cheers
GKR

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can do this revalve set up for you in Edmonton. Search the thread on Snowest by TRS. I expect it would be the same or similar to the Carl's setup. I have done it but have not had it on the snow yet. Supposed to work excellent, as good as the aftermarket stuff. I can do the complete revalve on all four shocks including the one spring that needs to be changed for $500CDN.
Cheers
GKR
Once your done with the revalved rear shock do you think it would be as good as a exit rear shock?

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had great luck with Fox shocks. They require more time to set up, but once they are dialed in they are tough to beat. Take the time to understand how they work and what changing pressures in the different cambers will affect and you will be happy.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a full set of Elka Stage 5 shocks for sale. Cheap like Borscht when beets weren't so expensive.

geelak900

Reaction score
Once your done with the revalved rear shock do you think it would be as good as a exit rear shock?
Cannot say for sure, I have not run the TRS set up myself yet and I have not run the exit shocks. I will provide some input on the TRS valving once I get it on the snow.(hopefully soon!)

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had my Walkers revalved with the TRS specs at Riverside, for about $350 couple years ago. Also have the Raptor progressive springs all around, wish I could rave about the results, but I just have not had enough riding time on the set up to make an informed judgement. I will say that I have not bottomed out the rear suspension yet and the ride does seem smooth.

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had my Walkers revalved with the TRS specs at Riverside, for about $350 couple years ago. Also have the Raptor progressive springs all around, wish I could rave about the results, but I just have not had enough riding time on the set up to make an informed judgement. I will say that I have not bottomed out the rear suspension yet and the ride does seem smooth.

TRS seems pretty adamant about the valving being for the Polaris springs, have heard mixed results from people who've swapped springs.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes he does state that his specs are for the stock springs, I had the Raptor springs before I got the shocks done, so I went with them.

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I can't comment on how the back handles as Polaris had the wrong spring in the bag (hence the sitting lower than I like), but the front definitely felt noticeably smoother in all conditions. I'll review again once I have the right spring and ride time in a couple weeks.

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bumping this thread again. Anyone have any feedback on the valving / spring change?

His "bench" length for the FTS was way too much spring pressure, but using his length as installed worked great.
I'm still not 100% sold on the softer rear spring, but even with the stock spring it handles better and things work smoother than stock. Not up to the level of a well set up full quality shock upgrade, but worth it if you're looking for a budget upgrade. Especially if you're due for a rebuild anyway.

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with the burandt series fox float 3 evols all around and have a few rides on them now. Huge improvement over the stock walkers. Quite happy I changed them up and being able to tune with air pressure is very nice. I honestly would not go back to the coil over now that I tried the fox. I like to be able to tune and am always working on my sled. May not be for everyone.

Top Bottom