Fort Mcmurray Richardson Backcountry

Lancepa

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has been up to Richardson Backcountry this year. Want to plan a trip into Six Lakes in July. Is this area open for random camping or still closed? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's open.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just came back. Make sure to bring a chainsaw, lots of deadfall in the burnt areas, had to cut our way into six lakes, Jackson, etc. Six lakes main campground is a mess, garbage, most trees have been cut down by idiots over the years, burnt side by side left there too. Fort chip winter road was nice shape though, not much for moguls.

We cut our way into the Richardson dunes, but the road to embrass is choked with fallen trees.

We came back the 29th, met a few groups going in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

r_haub

Reaction score
Hey guys, we are planning a trip later this summer. It has been quite awhile since I have been up, and I seem to have misplaced my maps. Does anyone have a decent map of the area?

springer

Reaction score
the burnt side by side has been there for quite a few years now and if people do not clean up after themselves we will lose one of the best backcountry areas in the country. do not hear anything input from the local atv club.

Top Bottom