Fernie Snow Conditions 2017 - 2018

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Brandon, the last I heard, they were moving equipment down from Paiges (Coal/Leach) to Matheson. The last info I got was from Heather, one of the trail pass vendors, and there was no definitive date for the opening of Coal Creek.

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brandon, the last I heard, they were moving equipment down from Paiges (Coal/Leach) to Matheson. The last info I got was from Heather, one of the trail pass vendors, and there was no definitive date for the opening of Coal Creek.
So is the club going to be grooming up the logging road from that end? We're talking at the yellow gates?

BLUE PLATE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Logging was finished in matheson over a month ago. They cut a lot down. I was in there a week ago. All the logging equipment has been moved up in behind ridgemont. They are done up on Martin/leach as well.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Logging was finished in matheson over a month ago. They cut a lot down. I was in there a week ago. All the logging equipment has been moved up in behind ridgemont. They are done up on Martin/leach as well.

Nice. Thanks for the up-dated information. Is the FSA working on getting the snow back on the road? Maybe they are waiting for Mother Nature to cover the dirt!

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone out in the past few days? i didn't see alot of rigs coming into fernie today

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone out in the past few days? i didn't see alot of rigs coming into fernie today
Snuck down for the day today and road with some buddies staying in town for a bachelor party.
I was pleasantly surprised at the conditions to be honest with how little snow has been forecast and how cold it's been. We dropped over what if I remember right was the blueberry pass and road trees there and over the west side of the pass and it was really nice. Bout a foot to 18 inches of fresh snow. More in the bush. We ventured pretty careful into a handful of cut blocks. The older more established blocks weren't to bad there was the odd stump sticking up here and there. Definitely not somewhere to go full ham in but another reload and they'd be alright. If it's 20 below the rest of the weekend I wouldn't have stayed riding but if it had been mild temps in the forecast we might have stuck around.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Snuck down for the day today and road with some buddies staying in town for a bachelor party.
I was pleasantly surprised at the conditions to be honest with how little snow has been forecast and how cold it's been. We dropped over what if I remember right was the blueberry pass and road trees there and over the west side of the pass and it was really nice. Bout a foot to 18 inches of fresh snow. More in the bush. We ventured pretty careful into a handful of cut blocks. The older more established blocks weren't to bad there was the odd stump sticking up here and there. Definitely not somewhere to go full ham in but another reload and they'd be alright. If it's 20 below the rest of the weekend I wouldn't have stayed riding but if it had been mild temps in the forecast we might have stuck around.

Yes, it has been cold. I'm glad you found some decent snow. We will have to get together sometime this winter.

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, it has been cold. I'm glad you found some decent snow. We will have to get together sometime this winter.
Yup hopefully it warms up here. Try and talk dad into going for a ride maybe when he's back in April!
Anybody get out this weekend?

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like good dump coming that way overnight and tomorrow. End of week should be good

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So far around 15cm overnight and still snowing. -15 celcius...wind from the East...heading out in a couple of hours to check things out.

Top Bottom