Cut off creek staging area west of Rocky

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A small group is the way to go, especially with breakdowns, getting lost, and dangerous trails. Take a first aid kit, tire repair, tools, pack a lunch, drinks, rain gear, two way radio , for some reason ell phones usually don't work when your in trouble! we used to have 25 to 30 riders in our group, was a bit much, less than 10 is about right. gps is very helpful. bear spray(there are Grizzlies /Cougars out there).

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree! It would be nice to go with a group to get to know the area. It’s just the 2 of us. Feel better in numbers. If anyone is up for it please let us know. Thanks for the updates!
as in 1 SxS or 2 atv's?

suds buds have outings once twice a month, usually out somewhere west of caroline, rocky or down by sundre. trail rides, won't put up with high-speed racer types anymore. has become a great group of family type riders. stop every few miles, for lunch, stucks, relief, and an occasional beer. try to avoid mud as much as possible, otherwise the repairs become expensive. ha. have a couple of mechanics , that can usually get someone back on the trail , really a big bonus? check suds buds thread for outings, likely early may? long weekend for sure! depending on fire hazards?

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 atvs. We sold our SxS in Whitehorse.
you should be good then, you have a way out to safety!

Outwest campground is a good spot to go, usually not to hard to tag along with another group, you do need to be careful of some of the trails north of there. easy to get out onto the pipeline(may be some construction out there) and ride for miles.
You can also download/ print maps from Google Maps for the area's you may be interested in! Alberta backroads GPS maps for garmin are really good for the area's west of red deer! some have good luck with cell phone GPS and maps also, me not so much.

Last edited:

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Caroline, Alberta, Canadia, Earth, Milkyway
I agree! It would be nice to go with a group to get to know the area. It’s just the 2 of us. Feel better in numbers. If anyone is up for it please let us know. Thanks for the updates!
Im very local to the area and could show you a few trails. Shoot me a DM. Also anyone else that would like to explore some area out there let me know can take a few out.

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Caroline, Alberta, Canadia, Earth, Milkyway
Im very local to the area and could show you a few trails. Shoot me a DM. Also anyone else that would like to explore some area out there let me know can take a few out.
Also if you are going to be riding in the PLUZ i highly recommend getting Avenza maps on your phone and going to the Alberta Website and dowloading the latest Georeferenced Maps. They work well even with no service.

Tabs

Reaction score
Hi. We are very interested in riding with you. Just can’t next weekend. Let us know what works for you. Thank you for all the great information.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi. We are very interested in riding with you. Just can’t next weekend. Let us know what works for you. Thank you for all the great information.
won't be for another month, or so, not interested in falling into creeks or water holes, been there done that. likely towards the end of april, depending?

Tabs

Reaction score
won't be for another month, or so, not interested in falling into creeks or water holes, been there done that. likely towards the end of april, depending?

Okay. Sounds good. Let us know when your interested. We also have sleds but too late for that as it’s melting fast.

Top Bottom