Companies supporting the shut down of Motorized recreation

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stick it Columbia and North Face :mad: They mention Klim as an alternative.. this is a Motorcycle based article. so Motorfist, FXR Tobe and more snowmobile specific and motorized specific companies can be added to the list of good alternatives.

Here's a good article... seriously.. KNOW where your money is going.
MotorcycleJazz - Getting[225019454346694]&action_type_map=[%22og.likes%22]&action_ref_map=[]

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whoops I'm so sorry..... I forgot...

STICK IT Patagonia and all the other companies and groups that think we, as motorized recreationalists should be shut down...

that is all :)

Loves hugs and warm fluffy puppies!! xoxoxo
:flypig::flypig::flypig::Snowmobile1::Snowmobile1::Snowmobile1::Snowmobile1: (look I'm running over flying pigs.. they can blame us for that extinction too)

Last edited:

SnowDog

Reaction score
Thank you for the heads up on these deadbeat company's!! I have always used Klim and will no doubt to continue to support them as there gear is by far the best !

One thing that really pisses me off is people trying to tell other people what they can and cannot do, directly or indirectly !!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the heads up on these deadbeat company's!! I have always used Klim and will no doubt to continue to support them as there gear is by far the best !

One thing that really pisses me off is people trying to tell other people what they can and cannot do, directly or indirectly !!

Thank you Dog. I was disheartened even in the drug store yesterday..... damn you burts bees for supporting the people who want to stop motorized recreation!!!!!!!!! It's crazy really. I think once we stand up and say.. Um HELL NO you are not getting my money, some companies will think twice about who they support. Some won't give a rats butt... but other companies don't understand the situation. When presented with a sob story about poor defenseless creatures coming to harm due to motorized recreation, they may actually seek the facts.. or if we do our job properly KNOW the facts. We aren't the bad guys. We are working hard as a group to be responsible riders. the only way to know for sure, is to look within your sport for those who support you. There are many agendas out there.. but at least ours, for the most part.. is an agenda that wants to grow the sport and preserve our riding areas.

thanks.

:)

Last edited:

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ugh this is a common "discussion" I find myself in with some of my family (hardcore backpacker/hiker types). They themselves aren't anti-sledder but lots of the brands they love don't dig us.

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No more North Face for me. Thanks for the link

locally, mountain equipment coop hates us and is trying to shut us down. Avoid them at all costs

You beat me to it, MEC baaaad. It is interesting that all of these brands rip so incredibly easily when you snowboard in them yet most ski/board shops carry them... I bought a pair of north face last year and ripped them on my first run through the trees, NEVER again!

Sent from my iPhone using

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only wear Patagonia when I sip my no foam, soy latte, listening to folk music while eating granola.

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
speaking of organizations that want to shut down our riding areas, looks like the alberta pc party is enacting laws to eliminate some areas include castle. This year will be our last chance to ride Castle. Can someone from the area confirm this?

morerpmfred

Reaction score
Yes. Potential to lose everything down south from all of the new proposed provincial parks from the ssrp. All areas from k country south to waterton on the bc divide on the alberta side are being considered for new provincial parks. There is a consultation period that ends jan 15.

CrankShop910

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You beat me to it, MEC baaaad. It is interesting that all of these brands rip so incredibly easily when you snowboard in them yet most ski/board shops carry them... I bought a pair of north face last year and ripped them on my first run through the trees, NEVER again!

Sent from my iPhone using

So why does MEC have banner advertising on this site???

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only wear Patagonia when I sip my no foam, soy latte, listening to folk music while eating granola.

Hey! Leave Mr. Dylan outta this! haha

If we do not get involved we have the potential to lose everything. If we do get involved we have the potential to save everything + gain more.

How do we get involved? Is it a petition kind of deal or do we send in friendly letters to our local reps?

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's such a catch 22 for some people. the fact is we MUST have presence. we MUST be seen, heard and Known. Known as responsible ethical human beings who love a sport that really is not the Devil. We have very little impact on the environment yet we are painted as environmental terrorists.
I write about riding areas for SnoRiders, but some individuals become angry because I am sharing their area. I try to keep the super honey holes quiet, as I appreciate those area just as much as the next shredder. I write and promote the areas not only for content for the magazine, but to show the general population there are people using these lands for recreation. Men women children enjoying these areas, using the cabins. I try to profile super user friendly areas, that everyone can access. Sure there may be more traffic, but without that traffic, and the people supporting the clubs that maintain these areas we could lose them. It is politics, and we can either mobilize into a force to be reckoned with, or we can fight amongst ourselves and lose our land. Access BC is about 5000 peeps strong, willing to link up to our BC snowmobile clubs to help us in numbers and momentum. Write letters to your MLAs and MPs, stressing your love for the lands we recreate in. Make them understand who we are. I'm done with other people's agendas against us. We are good people, and we have an awesome sport.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So why does MEC have banner advertising on this site???

MEC banners appear to you because someone using your computer has recently been to their site. Usually the ads on the side of the page are based off your Internet history and the cookies stored on your computer.

MEC has long supported the Sierra club... here's a link to all the campaigns MEC supports.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll bet these starbucks tofu latte sippers would sure welcome the BRAAAAAP of a sled when they're hiking and get caught in a dump of snow, out of food and frostbitten and near death....

Top Bottom