castle moutain

megatron customs

Reaction score
is anyone going to ride aroud castle moutain this weekend ?? i want to go but got no one to ride with.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont even think about Castle..the first slope you ride by has killed riders when the snow is stable..its not worth it...go to Corbin and ride the pipeline or stage from Fernie and ride the groomed to the meadows...

birdman1

Reaction score
If you're looking for somewhere close to Pincher, you can ride from the Carbondale Staging area. It is a few miles north of the Castle ski hill. There is quite a bit of trail, but you can get to some bowls and meadows a ways back.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how far is it from pincher creek ?im working nights so i need somewhere close
are you working nights on the Waterton project? Several sledders working there and know the area well. We are staying away from the danger zones until they come down. Only then will they be safe. We can show you around the Castle area. I know the safe areas and Dobir is correct, 3 people have been killed by aveys at the old wellsite lease on the way over middle. Two were friends of mine many years ago. It was a lesson for all of us and changed the way we ride. You need to know the area to be safe.

megatron customs

Reaction score
ya im working on the waterton project on nights lol this is matthew. let me know and i would love to go for a rip

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give Ed a call. local 7144 at the plant. Hope your electrical cause we are. (just kiddin) Tell Ed that Bert sent you his way. He is in Calgary this week with me but can hook you up with riders next week. We can get out and ride and forget about that screwed up project.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bobsledder...thanks for confirming that...people should know if they are riding there. that area is unique in that there is no way to get up there without putting yourself below a potentially dangerous slope. After what has happended this year it is just not worth it....

KingCatz

Reaction score
What is the castle area like now for snow? Picking up new machines next week and will be going out either next weekend or the weekend after.:i_need_snow:

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good day. Forecast looks good, calling for snow all week and it looks like it has started. Looks like we will probably head to the castle area next weekend. We have been staging around the castle falls area and sled around the carbondale creek area.:Snowmobile1:

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good day. Yes it was me. Took 2 tries to get it fixed but Chunks was good to deal with. Ended up having to replace the powervalve cables and clean the powervalves. Damn powervalve would only stick once in a while and never flashed a code. The M7 hung with our M1000s all day Sunday around pipeline and ran great.:)

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was googling around caslte and there's a place called lost lake south of beaver mine.it had a pic of lots of sled tracks and big mtn in back ground of the lake??????looked good

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went into Lost Lake for the first time last Thursday, beautiful area but was fairly hard packed and windblown.Snow was good on the trails and in the trees. I think the area may have gotten some new snow on sat and today but would appreciate someone confirming if this is correct. Thanks.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't get any snow:confused: ,going up behind ski hill was concert on ab side:( and rain to the top bc side:confused::confused:,wet heavy great traction if you like that sort of thing,pretty safe slopes,better then church!!:beer: off to golden:d

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Castle was excellent this weekend the first hill by the well site hyas already come down. We were playing in the back bowl on the bc side of middle the snow was excellent pretty stable for highmarking.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was there with Carbon and agree with his post. Yeah the snow was great/stable for climbing on the BC side, but thats cause it was like concrete. The was no 'fresh' to be had. It was only 'soft' in places where the sun had poked through the clouds and softened it up. NONE of that fresh foot of snow that fell in Calgary on Saturday night fell in Castle.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Castle was the best it has been in years snow up over the top of the handlebars from the parking lot all the way back to the bc border absolutely unreal:):)

Top Bottom