Best way to load & secure touring bike in an RV

hookedonboost

Reaction score
Picking up an Outdoors RV 27 TRX in the next week, Looking for info / recommendations on a solid wheel chock & things to watch for during loading, transport & unloading a 2019 Goldwing. One concern is it has a higher seat - so will have to be careful at the bottom of the ramp.

overkill19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lock 'N Load (BK1000) Orange/Black Deluxe Motorcycle Wheel Chock Combo Kit https://a.co/d/fzjJURV

This is what I used in my toyhauler to have my Breakout Cvo worked great zero problems. Nice thing was you can get a garage stand attachment as well if you want. It was handy as it kept bike upright and it was extra insurance of not being knocked over.

3a8df885ab54b683ae4ac3411a0d782a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can safely strap it so the suspension still works. That's a bonus. Make sure your kickstand it up though or you will develop a hole lol

Last edited:

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lock 'N Load (BK1000) Orange/Black Deluxe Motorcycle Wheel Chock Combo Kit https://a.co/d/fzjJURV

This is what I used in my toyhauler to have my Breakout Cvo worked great zero problems. Nice thing was you can get a garage stand attachment as well if you want. It was handy as it kept bike upright and it was extra insurance of not being knocked over.

3a8df885ab54b683ae4ac3411a0d782a.jpg

Never mind the tie down. Let’s talk about all the corona !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overkill19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never mind the tie down. Let’s talk about all the corona !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 flats in cooler too!
8 weeks in Kelowna back when it was $11 cheaper here!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can safely strap it so the suspension still works. That's a bonus. Make sure your kickstand it up though or you will develop a hole lol
I've found exactly the opposite, I use a front wheel chock and a six inch block under the frame of my Ultra Classic so the suspension is out of the equation and the bike sits level. When your suspension cycles while in transport there's a good chance of a tiedown coming loose or even unhooked. Bad idea for a 900+lb cruiser.

overkill19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've found exactly the opposite, I use a front wheel chock and a six inch block under the frame of my Ultra Classic so the suspension is out of the equation and the bike sits level. When your suspension cycles while in transport there's a good chance of a tiedown coming loose or even unhooked. Bad idea for a 900+lb cruiser.

That’s the nice thing about the lock and load straps. They are like seat belts any slack they self ratchet for the rear. The front wheel is strapped to the chalk. So no front suspension cycle to worry about. Ya just have to snug the bars to keep bike centered which ya don’t even have to do the bars if it easier to do it mid or even rear of bike.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s the nice thing about the lock and load straps. They are like seat belts any slack they self ratchet for the rear. The front wheel is strapped to the chalk. So no front suspension cycle to worry about. Ya just have to snug the bars to keep bike centered which ya don’t even have to do the bars if it easier to do it mid or even rear of bike.

I use those on my side by side in the toyhauler. Handy, but they can be a real pain to release once they are cranked tight enough to take out the bounce.

This is the way I strap my bike in the garage or enclosed trailers, no chock in this pic tho. Hauled it like this 600 km south to drop off at my bud's for some tuning on my way to a job down in Drum, never budged. A friend of mine bought a brand new '18 Road Glide Ultra at gasoline Alley and they tied it down inside his trailer leaning on the kickstand, kickstand collapsed, and smashed the crap out the fairings on his brand new bike. They made good for the repairs tho, but it shouldn't have happened at all.

bike 006.JPG

overkill19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya it’s whatever a guy feels comfortable with. I always felt that was a lot of strain on a kickstand.

The un leash of the ratchet straps I never had a problem with. But I never really had to sim h them as the chock held bike in place.
Different beast. With what ur doing with ur sxs I’d guess.

vrscr43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if the straps are put on the correct way and hooks are facing the proper way their is no chance of the straps coming off if the suspension cycles

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on the bike and suspension. If you use a chock in the front and then tie to the lower triple, all the pressure is on the front tire and there is no way to slack off the straps. I've done it that way for years.

But yes, a block under the frame is another good idea.

And make sure if it is a HD, you put it in transport mode so you dont arrive with a dead battery haha

overkill19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="mclean, post: 3080725, member: 23624"
And make sure if it is a HD, you put it in transport mode so you dont arrive with a dead battery haha[/QUOTE]

Surprising how many HD people don’t know that trick!

Top Bottom