Best shocks for a 2013 800.

Alberta Beach Doo

Reaction score
I know it's been beaten to death but all I hear is dump the shocks on the non X Summit. I bought mine about a month ago so I have not used it yet. My riding style is boondocking and some low country powder hunting. I am not ditch banging very much if at all. Have a Poo Xc 700 for that. Thinking of just leaving them on for the first few months. Unless they are really that bad.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go ride it to see how you feel about them. If you're used to an old sled the suspension isn't too bad, same if you're light. When you know the shortcomings for the type of riding you do you will have a better idea on how to improve it. Raptors are great but can take a lot of tuning and cost the same as a big bore. Personally I'm having mine re-valved, re-sprung and changing out the rear shock and it's a fraction of the price of the raptors but should work for me.

Alberta Beach Doo

Reaction score
Go ride it to see how you feel about them. If you're used to an old sled the suspension isn't too bad, same if you're light. When you know the shortcomings for the type of riding you do you will have a better idea on how to improve it. Raptors are great but can take a lot of tuning and cost the same as a big bore. Personally I'm having mine re-valved, re-sprung and changing out the rear shock and it's a fraction of the price of the raptors but should work for me.

thats what I am thinking. Giver for a few hundred miles and take it from there.. I had Fox rebuildable on my Polaris's in the 90's and they worked fine. My last sled was 06 Rev 800 and the factory shocks worked well for me. Usually the skis are off the ground was my thinking.

How ow are the Fox Floats?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats what I am thinking. Giver for a few hundred miles and take it from there.. I had Fox rebuildable on my Polaris's in the 90's and they worked fine. My last sled was 06 Rev 800 and the factory shocks worked well for me. Usually the skis are off the ground was my thinking.

How ow are the Fox Floats?
I don't like floats but float evols work well. Problem is the pressure constantly changes with temperature so you will spend a lot of time tuning them on nearly every ride to keep them performing consistently.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would ride the sled first to see what you have. If that is not to your liking I would go with Raptors. The new ones are so adjustable by hand that you will find the right ride if you give Jake the right information. Would never go back after changing mine.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think ride it first, and if you want to upgrade go with raptors. They are twice the cost of the most reasonably priced revalve, but then you have the best and you can take them to the next sled.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think ride it first, and if you want to upgrade go with raptors. They are twice the cost of the most reasonably priced revalve, but then you have the best and you can take them to the next sled.
They're more than that. Closer to 4 times as much as a reasonably priced revalve.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They're more than that. Closer to 4 times as much as a reasonably priced revalve.

To do it right though requires getting heavier springs and trading up on rear track shock. Was right around 1000 bucks from Monster performance in the states. The enzo revalve/respring that people are getting done is alot more than that.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To do it right though requires getting heavier springs and trading up on rear track shock. Was right around 1000 bucks from Monster performance in the states. The enzo revalve/respring that people are getting done is alot more than that.
I just got a quote from Monster for that same work and it was well under $1k before shipping. I believe a set of Raptors goes for about $2500 new?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got a quote from Monster for that same work and it was well under $1k before shipping. I believe a set of Raptors goes for about $2500 new?

Probably depends what you are getting done I guess. I didnt write it down but think I remember that front shocks and center track shockrevalved and resprung, trading rear on kyb 40 valved to my spec, and heavier rear torsions was around 900 plus exchange tax and shipping. Could be off a bit, but would be around the 1000 mark at least. Maybe you have a more detailed breakdown.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably depends what you are getting done I guess. I didnt write it down but think I remember that front shocks and center track shockrevalved and resprung, trading rear on kyb 40 valved to my spec, and heavier rear torsions was around 900 plus exchange tax and shipping. Could be off a bit, but would be around the 1000 mark at least. Maybe you have a more detailed breakdown.
PM'd you.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ride it and figure out what you are after before you drop a pile of money. Everyone's expectations, budget, and needs are different. You have little to lose by trying it first. If you decide after you need something different, the money you spend then will be the same amount you would spend now.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would sell my raptors if someone were interested. Brand new, good price. PM me for price if interested.

Alberta Beach Doo

Reaction score

If they will fit a spring checked 2016 Summit, I am in. Any issues going from a 2013 to a 2015? . I am 90% going to upgrade to a second year issue T3

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would sell my raptors if someone were interested. Brand new, good price. PM me for price if interested.
So did you have a chance to ride the sled with the raptor shocks - do they make that much difference over oem shocks on a XM X ??

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So did you have a chance to ride the sled with the raptor shocks - do they make that much difference over oem shocks on a XM X ??

No, I never even got a ride on them and have them sold. Had a set of Evol Rs on my last sled and they worked awesome. Have heard from anyone that has tried both that the raptor is 10x the shock. Only reason for selling is using the money to upgrade to a T3.

Top Bottom