bad luck 2010 d8

1000xguy

Reaction score
WTF my 2010 dragon blowntopend at 1500ks ok has extended covarage thank god.So picked up sled from dealer thurs and hit blue river yesterday for my last year poke and made 7ks up the trail seemed good intel bang she blew. Was ridein it like normal brake in and guess what she broke in fff they must not of figured out what was wrong the first time or else fudup somethin when they put it togther my guess what do i do feel like a fly in a toilet bowl :rant::beer::d:mad::beer::confused:also thanx to sled den in mcbride rented HCR but by the time was all said and done was a very gut renchin weekend also always ran shell pre and polaris oil why would the sled have detonation issues :confused:

754bigbore

Reaction score
The factory fuel mapping on these things is lean in the midrange. They have had reflash after reflash, nothing seems to work except putting on a power commander 5 and a map from either dynotech or slp which will richen them up. The factory polaris pistons have too much clearance to cylinder and rock, eventually scoring and breaking the skirts off. You still have warranty? Even so, I would get the "fix" kit from PMS in Idaho. Different wiseco pistons which actually fit the cylinders as they should. They are taller too and a base shim is also used. Myself and some other fellas on here have put this in, along with a power commander, it will be a different sled! look up the thread "some hope for the 800 cfi" for more info. good luck!

Top Bottom