Arctic cat 09 m8 hcr high rpm bog

Chasemb

Reaction score
I am having trouble finding out what is causing a high end bog on my sled, I just replaced the primary completely it was running fine, hitting about 8000 rpm then all Of a sudden riding through deep powder the top end power was lost like it was sucking in snow, I let it sit and it came back for a bit only to quit again now even on the trail it won't go over 6000, it idles fine and runs normal up until it needs to open the valves I cleaned them and checked the servo and they seem to be working, also I have a small hole in my y pipe that seems like it's spitting out small fibers which litter under my hood this has stumped me and I dint know where to look next, I tried a secondary from another sled and it does the same thing, anything will help

Chasemb

Reaction score
It was fine whe I put it on last and u used red sealer there are no visible leaks at the seal the hole is in the weld in the crotch of the y pipe pointing back towards the motor but it is very small

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am talking about the donut gasket. I recall a 700 a few years ago running poorly at high RPM...clutch, power valves, etc all ok. Changed the worn out donut gasket and problem disappeared.

Chasemb

Reaction score
When I pulled the pipe of to change the plugs when it happened I noticed the inside of the pipe and plugs were brown not black like usual and that gasket seems to have burned off a small portion on the inside, it still does not leak but it is worth a try, do you know why it would have gotten hot enough to burn that gasket

Chasemb

Reaction score
It was the can I have a snow stuff swapped it with the stock and found all the packing clogged in the end solved the problem

Top Bottom