Any Reviews on the MTNTK Full Mod?

429dhm

Reaction score
I am looking for some feedback on the MTNTK Full Mod. How was the performance, did it run well on pump gas, and how was the clutching?

Thanks

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I ran one for 2 years on my 2012 pro 800. its an excellent kit and never missed a beat. i sold it recently and the new owner is really happy with it. It can run pump gas over 4000'. anyhting below that i would start getting detonation! A 25% mix of av gas solved that no problem. Over the 2 yrs i tried countless clutching combinations and found this to be the best set up fro 6-8000' riding. stock primary spring (140/330) with team 10-68 weights. the secondary was a team tied with a 73-55.46 with a black/yellow spring (180/260). The team tied was needed as the motor revved so fast on and off the throttle that the stock team clutch wouldn't back shift fast enough and the belt would slip! The stiffer secondary spring was also needed to prevent belt slippage, overall it makes crazy torque and is worth every penny. Im just waiting for this kit to be available for my new axys!!

429dhm

Reaction score
Thanks Dragonweld28, did your kit use the bully dog Reflash, and did you have to upgrade your ECU and gauge to a 2013+ model and then get a Reflash?

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, it was with the bully dog reflash. I just used the 2012 ECU. the 13 is better, but not enough for me to spend the extra cash.

Ohmz

Reaction score
Chrisco Put one in for me this fall into my 2013. I've got 6 mtn rides on it and one flat land day. Like dragon said needs av gas for the flats. but up on the hill... Freaking Awesome!!!! If you put one in you will not be dissapointed

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I get all my stuff Chrisco too. i installed it my self tho. Its an amazing kit for the money!!

TUFFPOLARIS

Reaction score
I have the kit in my '14. I live at 1100 feet and ride up to 5-6k. It took a couple fuel map modifications to get the sled working good at 1100 feet, but I dont think they had done much if any testing at elevations that low so that was understandable. I do have the bullydog tuner. Not sure why you guys need to run av gas at low elevations. I run straight 91 octane pump gas with absolutely no problems. The sled runs great and pulls 6 grams more then stock! Also Ive been dealing directly with MTNTK and they are an awesome company to deal with

Ohmz

Reaction score
i would assume that its cuz the fuel map is set for above 4000'. so instead of remaping and playing with the map, add a little extra octane and it riches up the mix and no det.

Ohmz

Reaction score
yeah i'm still stock for gearing... whats all involved in switching to a 19/45 setup?

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I had the full mod on a 2012, so all you do is buy 2 gears and a chain and switch everything out. easy 250 upgrade. If you have the belt drive then it will be more money and will have to get Kurts gear down kit or a TKI gear down kit.

Ohmz

Reaction score
yeah i got a 13 w/ belt.... was looking at kurts last night... might wait till the cnd dollar isnt so freaking crappy and order one ... or just say fyck in and put it on plastic and ride like hell :)

Top Bottom