800 polaris engines

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would just buy the power commander..........sure its $400 to make the sled how it should be stock but whatever the next year you can add a slp single and get a different map and put out 162hp

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealer says the 2010 Dragon comes with 62 gram weights which is for operation at 6000' and above. They say 64 gram weights will fix the stumbling issue. Or so they say.....:confused:

crazer

Reaction score
Whats up with all the newer sleds now days ,we pay so much more for all this advanced technoligy and extra hp but it seems the we spend more time repairing these new sleds than riding why can we have the reliability of bthe old sleds with the advanced technoligy for the amount of money we pay for the new sleds

I so agree with you.

Reaction score
All you polaris guys are like oilers fans, never gonna win!! Buy an XP and be king of the mountain!!! Me? 3600km on an 08 X and 0 problems, 152psi both jugs. Thank you very much!

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All you polaris guys are like oilers fans, never gonna win!! Buy an XP and be king of the mountain!!! Me? 3600km on an 08 X and 0 problems, 152psi both jugs. Thank you very much!

I’m guessing you decided not to buy that 09 163 dragon 800?

Just seeing who if anyone has had issues with 09 163 dragon 800. Might buy one, thanks!!

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel fortunate that my 09 has been so trouble free. 350 miles last year before I had the update done. I’ve put on another 350 miles since the update, all with a SLP single pipe. No issues. I’m still running the original spark plugs, unless they got changed out during the update. I haven’t put a power commander on yet, but I think I’m going to be getting one soon. The original testing from Dynotech didn’t show much of a gain running a PC with a SLP pipe, but I’m thinking now it may be worth it.

Crescent Lake

Reaction score
My 2009 RMK 800 have gone through (2) voltage regulators and (1) ECU. I'm adding a power commander on next. Anyone else having problems with their voltage regulators?

HINES

Reaction score
2stroke coldsmoke,not an oiler fan, don't have an xp,& 152psi per jug don't mean the cranks not going to fly apart tomorrow. lol .Later.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
2009 Dragon 163 stock machine with SLP can. Second ride last season it had the mid range bog. Had the reflash done and no more issues. 350 miles on the sled and to bed it went. Brought it out of hybernation mid Dec to have the 2010 recall done and put 50 miles on with no troubles. Went out last saturday and put on another 30 miles. Worked it alittle harder pulling my yougest around and so far so good. I really enjoy this machine and it is a pleasure to ride. But if and when it does decide to crap out, I still have one of the old ones to tow it home :d

Attachments

• ready to ride.jpg
    ready to ride.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Jody in her glory.jpg
    Jody in her glory.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 42

Trevor Repka

Reaction score
:)Got the 800 2010 version, lol, had studders in all of the mid range with mountain weights at Edmonton elevation, went easy on the throttle, still same s**t. Went to the dealer, he read an e-mail about the sales manager had the same probs with his, put the 66 gram weights in it, NO PROBLEMS at all, so I tryed it, sure as s**t, he was right, drove the lakes 100kms, not one prob, lost a case of beer out of it though, lol, Never had weight issues before, there saying the the new 8's are a bit finnicky.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 09 D800 and put on 490 trouble free miles last year[2nd ride out it had a stumble so had it reflashed and it ran good]I had the top end redone on the recall and have only had one 55 mile ride with it and it ran awsome with 91 octane and wires unplugged.Riding at 5500 to 7500 elevation and allways on the throttle.If I was a flatlander I would definatly run the pc5 as these 800's were not designed to run low elevation and partial throttle

Top Bottom