700 mudpro main seal...............

dasboot

Reaction score
A friend just made a deal on a 2010. Four miles out efi light starts blinking (any ideas), another 1/2 mile comes to first good hole(MUD...almost no water). Friend stops, goes to low, locks diff and ................gets 15 feet in and belt is slipping like crazy. Check variator drain and out pours oil!!! Main seal gone............ 1200 kms on machine. Blow off tube is clear so..............Question is ............... what the heck???

Know little about them and thought maybe someone could help!!! Is this common with the 700's?????? Dealer is fixing under warranty but a person has to wonder Any help would be much apprecaited.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very uncommon! Efi is usually the factory battery they are crap. Get a good Agm battery like an odyssey pc680 they drop right in. The seal is minor on the primary shaft. They are tricky to get them in there right so hopefully they get it right. Was the machine used or new? The "blow off tube" you refer too I assume you mean the crankcase breather tube? The 700 has proven to be a very reliable engine

Last edited:

nd4spd

Reaction score
EFI blinking can be a MAF sensor as well, had that on mine. not sure what else will cause the EFI to blink but thats what mine did

dasboot

Reaction score
The machine was used.............had the new updated axles and clutch kit. Looked good but have to wonder when this happens a few miles out. Hes just wondering to buy new machine or stay with this one????

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
The machine was used.............had the new updated axles and clutch kit. Looked good but have to wonder when this happens a few miles out. Hes just wondering to buy new machine or stay with this one????

When you get the new seal make sure that there is a "spring" around the inner lip of the seal. We did a lot of these when I worked at the Cat dealer.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

dasboot

Reaction score
WE found out who the x owner was and pulled the pin on the used mudpro................. he bought the wife a 700 ltd and added 27 mudlites, winch, and soon snorkel. Seems like a nice ride so far................thanks for the help!!!!!

Top Bottom