2011 ETEC 800 Check Engine Light

doochuk

Reaction score
Well 11.2 hrs (260kms) on the new Backcounrty X and I go to start up. At fire, the check engine light starts blinking and engine shuts down. Restart and DESS blinks along with check engine light. Try to head towards home......rev limit flashes across display......engine dies. Restart.....Warm-Up now flashes across display....allows me to limp home with a couple backfires and blurps. Get half way home and the thing takes off like nothing is wrong. 20 feet from the driveway, check engine light flashes....sled quits. Take sled to dealer and they hook it up to the computer. It codes out coils and charging system issue. Reset, check over connections and test, and then does not show code. They tell me to "head out to the mountains" ( as that was my intention the morning I take it in) I reply....." will you pay for the chopper lift outta the bowl" Ahhhhh " no sir", they reply. Sled still in dealers shop, and have them scratching thier heads. Suppose to install new computer tomorrow. I am pissed to say the least. Anyone out there have any similar problems?

Doochuk!

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Confused? There was a code for the coils and charging system and all they did was reset the light without checking either of the systems?:confused:

MoFoREVxp154

Reaction score
I ve had 3 sleds with different symtoms due to electrical issue
1. Bad high beem switch-engine light when on high beem
2. Bad ground to the head lights
3. Had a spark plug wire jumping spark somehow at the coil

Top Bottom