2010 HCR steering post

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Snapped my steering post completely off on Saturday .Any tips in changing one out would be great

It's telescoping one to

Sent from my iPhone using

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are not too bad to change. You will have to unbolt your cowling and seat and move the tank back to gain the required clearance to remove the post. Also a good long extension is required to remove the nut holding the post through the tunnel.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Find a new one and call me I'll give you a hand it will take a half hour or so.

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just did one on buds was like 80$ new half hour to change 3.5 hours to fix the wiring harness it cut apart

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Carson, I will give you a holler

I have the post already

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
If it's the same as my 07' it took me about an hour in rusty's garage. Don't think I had to remove anything to get Tobit all but was a pain getting to some of the nuts

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Gotta thaw it out tonight. Getting pulled out made the front of the hood full of snow. Went right through the frog skins

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That must have been an interesting tow out, with having no steering.

05765scott

Reaction score
Easy to do done with sled in back of truck in salmon arm cat they took care of me and climina trail, have to loosen bar hoop, think had to pull one on each side and just tip it forward, ball joint on post nut under neath go in between cooler and track, and the post to bar hoop plastic holder. I think that's it been two years since changed, I keep a spare one in trailer sold it once.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 108
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Easy to do done with sled in back of truck in salmon arm cat they took care of me and climina trail, have to loosen bar hoop, think had to pull one on each side and just tip it forward, ball joint on post nut under neath go in between cooler and track, and the post to bar hoop plastic holder. I think that's it been two years since changed, I keep a spare one in trailer sold it once.

That's exactly where mine broke as well. I will have to have a look at the girl friends sled as well now to. It's a 09 so it might be cracked as well.

Almost got it back together now though.

Sent from my phone

Tippett

Reaction score
Hey, I talked to you at 47km right after you loaded up. Bummer that it broke but at least you got it out ok. Are there any fixes or welding/making bushings to take up the slop? Maybe pipe insert? My 10 HCR is terrible and im going to look into making it bullet proof this week, Ill let you know how it goes.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Hey, I talked to you at 47km right after you loaded up. Bummer that it broke but at least you got it out ok. Are there any fixes or welding/making bushings to take up the slop? Maybe pipe insert? My 10 HCR is terrible and im going to look into making it bullet proof this week, Ill let you know how it goes.

Hey ya I remember talking to ya

Just check if it's cracked , if it is change it before it's to late

Jayste

Reaction score
I snapped mine a few times, finally got rid of the telescope and went with a Canada Sled Parts solid post with the bulk head plate. Everything went in nice.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
With the wide stance it probably puts more stress on the bars when your side hilling or carving I would think to

clarkydubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Telescoping is junk, get the short post with the T style top. Put a pivot riser on there and be done with it. If u hit anything it just pivots the riser instead of bending the post.

Top Bottom