2005 Arctic Cat m7 162"

2005M7

Reaction score
i have a 2005 M7 162" and i was wondering if it is hard to put in a reverse kit in my sled Thanks

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good question.. I would like to know this as well. Are there reverse kits for an 05 and 06 M7? :d

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was an outfit from Finland (I think) making an engine reverse kit for a while but they don't seem to be available any more. It was basically a forward/reverse recoil starter, a fancy chip to change the timing, and a template to modify the secondary helix. Had to shut down the engine, flip a lever, then start back up in reverse.

I won't say putting a reverse Diamond drive from 07/08 in it is impossible....but it would be a ton of work. Reverse case doesn't fit the non-reverse case hole in the bulkhead so you'd have to find a way to change it accurately. Outside edge of track clips and rubber nubs won't clear the case so you'd have to cut them all down. Electrical system probably not compatible with the reverse shifting motor, but you could fabricate a manual actuator. I don't know anyone that's actually attempted it after figuring out how much work it is. :d

Last edited:
Top Bottom