2004 CR125 wont start

rockstar crf250r

Reaction score
Ok so I just bought a 04 cr125 yesterday i had a 4 stroke before so i guess i gotta get used to these 2 strokes ..... it started first kick at the guys house and then when i went back couople hours later it started first kick again then when i got it home i kicked it first kick at started idles for maybe 30 seconds or a minute then died a reved it a bit but maybe not enough not sure...........how do i get it started whats wrong??? thanks

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The bike revved before it died? start with the most simple. Is your petcock valve in the off position?

From there, since its a 2 stroke every other time the piston travels up it's a compression stroke. If you can hold your hand over the muffler. Feel for when the "spent gases" are pushed out as you slowly kick it over. Figure out when the crank is at the Bottom Dead Center before the compression stroke. Let the kick starter get to the top and give it a good kick, no throttle.

Check to see if it's flooded. Pull the plug, may as well see if its fouled. Kick over the bike a few times to push out any fuel "waiting".

Top Bottom