07 ttr230 ??????

confused?

Reaction score
I have only riden two dirt bikes once(cr90, pw50). I am looking for one and found a 07 ttr230 like new cycra handgaurds, fmf slip on, and a smaller rear sproket. it also comes with pants and jerseys i have my snowcross helmet so all i would need is gloves and boots. im 15 5'10'' and 140lbs. im also a very fast learner i picked up snowmobilin this year and bought a phazer and can now keep up with nytros and 600s through woods. All my friends ride ttr250, yzf250, and a kx250. i would ride trails with the ttr and ride on tracks with the other two plus my other friends race 250s too. would this be the bike for me? in like 2 years i would sell and pick up a yzf or crf 250...?

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 230 is not made for the track its a trail bike and that about it i have seen people bottom then out and wreak them trying to run them on the track,if u want the best of both worlds i would say a crf250x would do the job nicely find a will looked after used one it cash is a issuse. had mine on the track a few times and was pretty good stock set up tires sucked but maybe that was just my feeling they slide alot. hope this helps

KLX140

Reaction score
TTR230 is a bit of a "learner" bike, as it has a lower seat height and very smooth, tractable power delivery. At 5'10'' and being a quick learner, you would prob. grow tired of it relativley quickly.... That being said it is NOT a track bike... the suspension is just not there.
Are you set on a 4 stroke? What about a KTM 150 XC? DOnt be fooled by the smaller cc size, this bike has TONS of jam... or even a KTM 200 XC? The suspension would hold up nicley... If you want a 4 stroke for sure, why not think about a CRF250 of a nice YZF? Or, my personal fav, a KX? Just some ideas, but Im deff. thinking you should pass on the TTR!

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can learn how to ride on a 250F or a 125 two stroke easily, just expect to have it fall or crash a few times. You'll be bored of that TTR in a week

Top Bottom