dead plug

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 07 xrs keeps killing plug on pull cord side.any help would be great......
my 1000 is doing the same thing but the pto side. wanna sell me your pto side of your engine and i will give you mine. lol
i am going to try uping the idle a bit as it is about 5-700 rpm to low and see what happens have heard lots of guys having to do that to get them to quit fouling.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also could be isoflux grease geting on the plug. Don't fire worth a hoot with the grease on them.

Mabe a pic of the plug from the mag side

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pull fuel the fuel feed line off the carburetor, see if fuel is still trickling out, it shouldnt but if the rubber diaghram is torn it will and will fill the cylinder with extra fuel

wiens66

Reaction score
I set my idle up to 1800 last week and haven't fouled a plug since - before that it was a set of plugs every cold start

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I set my idle up to 1800 last week and haven't fouled a plug since - before that it was a set of plugs every cold start
did that to mine and still fouling plug. runs about 3 min and then you can hear it as the plug starts to go out. change plugs and fire it up and all is good. doesn't matter what type of plug either done 2 sets of iridiums now and i don't know how many cheap azzed plugs it has fouled.
ran great all last spring no issues nothing changed since then. and now it eats plugs :confused:

Top Bottom