ZX2 skid and RX1

rx1guy

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a zx2 skid into a 03 rx1 or any rx1 for that matter. They are all the same. I am in the process of doing it now and I have a serious issue. It's an 03 rx1, 136" x 1.75" lug track with 7.125" drivers, 2.58 pitch. All measured out with the correct measurements the rear mounting hole for the skid lands on the bend where the tunnel meets the foot board. The verticle drop measurements for the rear mount is measured from the lowest clearence point in the tunnel. This is to make clearance for the exhaust and tunnel protectors. The only way I can see to make the room I need is to go to a smaller lug track and I don't want to do that. Other option would be to remove the tunnel protectors but that would only give me 3/4" which is borderline enough and thats with the minimum clearance of 1/4" to the exhaust. The rx1 tunnel is the same as the apex so someone must have run into this problem before. I have tried to contact AD Boivin for a solution but I can't get anyone there to pick up the phone. Any help would be appreciated.

rx1guy

Reaction score
Well I had a few issues but I figured it out. Here is the finished product
IMG_0034_zps8d6ecf8d.jpg

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buddy put a 09 nitro skid in his 03 rx1 and it works a treat. only had to drill new holes for bolts. too easy.

thz for letting us know

Top Bottom