ZX 600 to 800

snowbuster

Reaction score
Have a buddy keen on upgrading his '01 summit highmark 600 to an 800, has anyone done this swap before? Already lengthened the track to a 163 and the power just isn't adequate compared to the 144 track. Would the exhaust, wiring and dpm all need changing? Turbo or nitrous on the 600 would likely be a train wreck, any advice would be helpful.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a buddy keen on upgrading his '01 summit highmark 600 to an 800, has anyone done this swap before? Already lengthened the track to a 163 and the power just isn't adequate compared to the 144 track. Would the exhaust, wiring and dpm all need changing? Turbo or nitrous on the 600 would likely be a train wreck, any advice would be helpful.

turbo no good, nitrous yes - talk to Maxwell on here, he ran lots of N02 on his 600. wiring probably the same, exhaust no, DPM no. Did u try gearing it down?

snowbuster

Reaction score
Haven't changed the gearing, that will happen next, hopefully that will get some of the top end back. Machine hooks up great, lifts up the skis with a 235 lb guy leaning forward, just spun with the 144. We are a little worried that big climbs with sustained use of the nitrous would melt that 600 down.Do you think that would happen? Thanks.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't changed the gearing, that will happen next, hopefully that will get some of the top end back. Machine hooks up great, lifts up the skis with a 235 lb guy leaning forward, just spun with the 144. We are a little worried that big climbs with sustained use of the nitrous would melt that 600 down.Do you think that would happen? Thanks.

PM maxwell, see what he has to say. I know he had nitrous on his motor, not sure how long he held the button down for.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i ran many of bottles through my little 600. was a very fun sled and it lasted alot of miles with nitrous. NO problems spinning the 151 so i think a 162 is possible with the right gearing and the nitrous. you will have to change out pretty much everything to put in an 800. upgrading the 600 isnt a bad idea. single pipe and a nitrous kit you wont have a problem hanging with the 800s. at least i didnt.

its all a matter of cost. nitrous kit and single pipe = 1500$ and a complete motor swap might cost you 2000+ and alot more time.

snowbuster

Reaction score
Thanks for the post, in the offseason gearing and and a hard look at nitrous is in the works, running with a group of M8's is sure taking it's toll!

Top Bottom