YZ450F and timbersled

pat84

Reaction score
Hey guys, I picked up a timbersled setup last week and took it out last weekend and had a hell of a good time! Seriously what a blast to ride! I was wondering what you guys feel are some essentials to either do to the bike or carry with you? Obviously extra gas and the tools suggested by timbersled. But what else? Should I get a tuner? Anyone know of a more comfy seat? The stock one is like sitting on a friggen fence post! Bike is a '13. Anything else?

pat84

Reaction score
Haha I can't say I disagree, just not likely gonna happen this year. Thanks for the suggestion though!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I picked up a timbersled setup last week and took it out last weekend and had a hell of a good time! Seriously what a blast to ride! I was wondering what you guys feel are some essentials to either do to the bike or carry with you? Obviously extra gas and the tools suggested by timbersled. But what else? Should I get a tuner? Anyone know of a more comfy seat? The stock one is like sitting on a friggen fence post! Bike is a '13. Anything else?

Google Fisher seat. . He mods a stock seat and makes it wide in the back with way better foam. And since snow bikes you sit alot it would be even better. I ordered mine and he found a used seat for my husky in the us, built and shipped was I think $400. And i still have the original seat

wombat

Reaction score
seat concepts. google them. hand warmers and bark busters with the mittens. thermobob thermostat. number plate bag is very handy. All can be found at brewsters west. NOS is always fun. larger capacity fuel tank.

rhody605

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What the guys in our group did was rekluse clutch and hand guards. And after this last weekend they are installing radiator guards. They are avid tree riders. Clipped a snow ghost with the rad bent it all up. They say the rekluse clutch was a huge improvement, no worry about feathering the clutch while in the trees.

pat84

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. So far I've got handguards, number plate bag, avid thermostat, outerwear over the rads, fisher seat and a rebuilt motor. I've been looking into recluse clutch also. What kind of rad guards?

What the guys in our group did was rekluse clutch and hand guards. And after this last weekend they are installing radiator guards. They are avid tree riders. Clipped a snow ghost with the rad bent it all up. They say the rekluse clutch was a huge improvement, no worry about feathering the clutch while in the trees.

rhody605

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They got genuine yamaha rad braces. I thought they were getting full guards. The braces did help though. Now they are also changing out the rubber brake like to a braided stainless steel like. They find the brake doesn't have enough braking power. Ran into a few things while braking downhill.

Top Bottom