You Polaris Boys Are Being Awful Quiet!

KingCon

Reaction score
All of you Poo Boys are being very kind to all these Ski Doo boys having so many issues with their new 850's. I remember the Doo Guys crucifying you guys for all the Polaris issues. Now the Ski Doo guys are having to eat crow and nobody is even giving them a hard time about it! They bad mouthed your weak A-arms and now they are wanting weaker A-arms to keep from tearing up modules and bulkheads. And not to mention all the clutch issues they are having! This is awful polite, they would have jumped all over you Poo Boys with issues like this. My hat is off to you guys!

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All of you Poo Boys are being very kind to all these Ski Doo boys having so many issues with their new 850's. I remember the Doo Guys crucifying you guys for all the Polaris issues. Now the Ski Doo guys are having to eat crow and nobody is even giving them a hard time about it! They bad mouthed your weak A-arms and now they are wanting weaker A-arms to keep from tearing up modules and bulkheads. And not to mention all the clutch issues they are having! This is awful polite, they would have jumped all over you Poo Boys with issues like this. My hat is off to you guys!
It's a first year sled with a new engine , chassis and clutch that is a lot of major components. I would not doubt they had some changes from the proto;s or are using different suppliers

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always say that a broke down sled changes the day for everyone in the group; no matter what brand it is. I hope BRP looks after those guys having issues and addresses any issues that need to be addressed. For what we pay for a new sled of any brand there is no reason to take any joy in issues guys are having with a new sled just because they choose to ride a different brand. I haven't even rode my Axys yet; so hopefully it treats me well.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been riding sleds for over 25 years and found the guy that bitched the most about someones sled whether it didn't go fast enough or didn't climb as high was the one that broke down the most and didn't maintain his sled.they all break down some sooner then others and if you think it won't happen to you you might be sitting on the trail all by yourself.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent christmas week in sick deep snow with 2-850's. There's nothing to apologize for. They are the best sled built to date. Small issues but as far as handling, power, staying on top of the snow with the new track. they flat out work. Another great thing is getting them unstuck. They pop right out. The sled motor and chassis is a home run with flaws. That said I'm glad I diddnt snow check one. due to my luck I would have one of the few belt spitters.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Spent christmas week in sick deep snow with 2-850's. There's nothing to apologize for. They are the best sled built to date. Small issues but as far as handling, power, staying on top of the snow with the new track. they flat out work. Another great thing is getting them unstuck. They pop right out. The sled motor and chassis is a home run with flaws. That said I'm glad I diddnt snow check one. due to my luck I would have one of the few belt spitters.
Just curious what changes were made from last year to this year that makes them pop out of the snow better? Only thing i really seen was a steeper attack angle. Maybe that gets the front end upward out of the snow?

mtncat1

Reaction score
they are not having a few minor issues with these sleds , they are deeply flawed in design, the fact that every bulkhead failure looks exactly the same means that the part is not going to be strong enough to hold up over the life of the sled , i have also seen videos of broken plastic, broken chain cases, coolant bottles etc. i'm sure the belt issue will be worked out , but i believe there will have to be a recall for a engineering up date on these sleds to either replace or up date the bulkheads .

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been following the 850 thread. What shocks me the most is all that demo riding in the spring, warmer temps , hero snow yadda yadda and all the brp riders and r&d guys. No one caught hot clutching and or blown belts. I would be choked to. For 17k. For 3 solid months last spring that's all we heard about. I'm not brand prone. I ride a pro. It has its flaws. Hope they get er figured out over there though.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Years of great amusment for CAT owners...lol

Do they still Make Those??!! :smiliestirthepot:

My wife has a 2017 M8000 Demo from T&T Powersports and we had our first chance to play on it today... My wife rides/rode a 2012 Pro 800 and did not like the 14 cat, in fact I bought the polaris for me as an upgrade to my 2011 M8 - one ride and she handed me the key to the 14 cat and said enjoy your new cat.....

The 2017 M8000 handles just like the pro - this thing is awesome, handling & nimbleness of a pro with the reliability of a cat....

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do they still Make Those??!! :smiliestirthepot:

its like finding a unicorn for everyone who doesn't ride one....mystical and mysterious things these Arctic Cats are...typically on the peak of a mountain or deep down into terrain that no one would dare try to get into. Think of it this way, those big old wise whitetail bucks hide in the nastiest hardest places to get to, think like an Arctic Cat owner and you will find these awesome machines!! Good luck on your adventure!

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris riders are too busy riding and enjoying winter while Doo riders are busy on the forums looking for fixes. Pretty simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Still do see a lot of the 850s on the hills so it sold if some are sitting It out for repairs. A lot of people overriding them and on there side's more than planed lol but I sure that will change with seat time.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I look at it as a good sign, the less you hear of a sled the better, just means the guys are out having fun. But seeing 3,4 or 5 new threads started on the same model sled to me raises a red flag. BRP has a very big history of POS first year model's...they will figure it out and if you want a good one get the last year model. Like the T3 or wait 4 season's and then get a G4. It takes them about that long to figure it out and put out another problem child.

Last edited:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just don't get why the Dootards jumped off the SnowandMud/Maxwell approved best mountain sled ever as voted by Doo riders on S&M to something I keep hearing people are having troubles riding?

If the XM was so great why are they over riding or challenged by this new sled? Lol

while Maxxy is doo's #1 cheerleader, and he annoys many members on here (on purpose, I think) ..... I don't think most of 850's numerous issues are the fault of the riders.....yes some failures are from hitting something but there should be failure points well before the bulkhead cracks like an eggshell.....that's a BRP designer/engineer's fault.

I think the main reason the other brand riders are being reserved in their comments is due to respect....every brand has had its issues over the years, even Doo.....nobody likes when this happens...it is not fun.....it ruins a trip to the hills for the rider and likely others in that group......

but, they all eventually get fixed....I am sure BRP will come to the table but it takes time to sift through the info and make a logical decision.....

we all ride in groups with multi brands and a broken machine just slows down the whole group...so the sooner these issues get addressed, the better.

Top Bottom