When I see the shredder
677be90105675fc0e136401fa2b485b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet environmental controls
-power efficient head light (1X)
-quite engine performance like a escalator in the mall.
-prego and stay-in home side panel/off set she’s up set!!!
-slushy hot chain case in the running boards
-over sized iPad to finger fuxk instead of looking up and just ridding
-smell of French mustard
I think turddoo and his climate Barbie had a hand in this brp g5 build…lol

The G5 still beats a boost and 9R.
You forgot to mention the Polaris recalls and lawsuits.

Don’t care what it looks like it flat out works in 4.5ft of powder. That’s a fact.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The G5 still beats a boost and 9R.
You forgot to mention the Polaris recalls and lawsuits.

Don’t care what it looks like it flat out works in 4.5ft of powder. That’s a fact.

Well I would really hope it would spank a 9R not really the same category seeing its NA, was there really people that would say different ?. As for the boost, with the G5's added power increases and new track does put it ahead of the stock 22 boost. I have yet to see one run against a 23, there is quite a spread between the 2. We will see what's in store for next year..... Polaris will bump up the power on the 850 boost and most likely release a boosted 900. The G5 is at its limit for pump gas for them to squeeze anymore power they will need to step up to a bigger bore. Oh ya they still ugly af with there gay one headlight on :ROFLMAO: My biased 2 cents. For the record my 22 boost has never had an issue..... nothing....no fuel pump problem... just runs. You guys got your hands full this year with your gears and driveshafts, my buds piston just left his block on his new G5 so they all have issues Matt.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I would really hope it would spank a 9R not really the same category seeing its NA, was there really people that would say different ?. As for the boost, with the G5's added power increases and new track does put it ahead of the stock 22 boost. I have yet to see one run against a 23, there is quite a spread between the 2. We will see what's in store for next year..... Polaris will bump up the power on the 850 boost and most likely release a boosted 900. The G5 is at its limit for pump gas for them to squeeze anymore power they will need to step up to a bigger bore. Oh ya they still ugly af with there gay one headlight on :ROFLMAO: My biased 2 cents. For the record my 22 boost has never had an issue..... nothing....no fuel pump problem... just runs. You guys got your hands full this year with your gears and driveshafts, my buds piston just left his block on his new G5 so they all have issues Matt.
Are they only ugly with one headlight on? Cause it is possible to turn on the second light.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I have heard comments on here that at lower elevations the 9R will stomp on a G5 turbo, maybe trolling comments.

Not true on its power limit. I’ve ridden 210 hp G4’s on pump gas and the new tune for the g5 on stage 1 is 197hp on pump gas.
I have also heard what the new G5 factory HP numbers will be, but If I know doo they will wait until Polaris gets their house in order before the new turbo doo and high HP NA is released.
I will be changing Mine to the 2022 drive shaft and hyvo. Is it a waste of money? I dunno but piece of mind is better.

Polaris and Doo have extremely capable sleds and they all have their issues, and differences, we need this back and forth push from manufacturers and customers.
If doo can stop the side hill feedback in the bars, maybe with different designed spindles it would be perfect for sidehilling, G5 is a 100% improvement over the G4.
The matyrx in a side hill is like a knife on snow density changes and terrain changes.

Truthfully Chris, it’s the first time I felt comfortable getting on a matyrx and not overriding it.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do we know Matt’s G5 blew a motor yet? It could be something simple like a spark plug or bad wire?

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do we know Matt’s G5 blew a motor yet? It could be something simple like a spark plug or bad wire?
Guy who rents in sicamous said he lost 4 2022 turbos between 2500-3500 km tbis would be one of the lower kmed sled if it did actually blow, 2 buddies locked up there 22s first 5km but have not seen or heard of tbose issues on the 23s yet

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I have heard comments on here that at lower elevations the 9R will stomp on a G5 turbo, maybe trolling comments.

Not true on its power limit. I’ve ridden 210 hp G4’s on pump gas and the new tune for the g5 on stage 1 is 197hp on pump gas.
I have also heard what the new G5 factory HP numbers will be, but If I know doo they will wait until Polaris gets their house in order before the new turbo doo and high HP NA is released.
I will be changing Mine to the 2022 drive shaft and hyvo. Is it a waste of money? I dunno but piece of mind is better.

Polaris and Doo have extremely capable sleds and they all have their issues, and differences, we need this back and forth push from manufacturers and customers.
If doo can stop the side hill feedback in the bars, maybe with different designed spindles it would be perfect for sidehilling, G5 is a 100% improvement over the G4.
The matyrx in a side hill is like a knife on snow density changes and terrain changes.

Truthfully Chris, it’s the first time I felt comfortable getting on a matyrx and not overriding it.
After our sled trade on the weekend the Doo has a definate bottom end advantage but i like the rush of the Boost.
We had the exact same comments on handling, wow, not that much diffrrent!!!
The Boost holds a line better crossing over holes and ruts but the gap is not huge now that the wobbly doo parts are gone and sled is narrower.
The Boost really needs the track upgrade, i was not lacking at all in performance but I'm not stock either.
Due to avy conditions we did not line up to go vertical.
These sleds are so capable you need a dam agressive hill to tell who has the lead. We had deep snow Saturday and we blasted through everything!

Stock to stock the G5 will outrun the Boost.
Polaris has all the parts right.....except the track and maybe a tad of bottom end.

Was fun Matt, maybe next time conditions will allow a vertilcal challenge. Although short the G5 ride was dam impressive.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After our sled trade on the weekend the Doo has a definate bottom end advantage but i like the rush of the Boost.
We had the exact same comments on handling, wow, not that much diffrrent!!!
The Boost holds a line better crossing over holes and ruts but the gap is not huge now that the wobbly doo parts are gone and sled is narrower.
The Boost really needs the track upgrade, i was not lacking at all in performance but I'm not stock either.
Due to avy conditions we did not line up to go vertical.
These sleds are so capable you need a dam agressive hill to tell who has the lead. We had deep snow Saturday and we blasted through everything!

Stock to stock the G5 will outrun the Boost.
Polaris has all the parts right.....except the track and maybe a tad of bottom end.

Was fun Matt, maybe next time conditions will allow a vertilcal challenge. Although short the G5 ride was dam impressive.

i think polaris needs torsion springs. I sure was passing alot of polaris on the trail. what do you think randy? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guy who rents in sicamous said he lost 4 2022 turbos between 2500-3500 km tbis would be one of the lower kmed sled if it did actually blow, 2 buddies locked up there 22s first 5km but have not seen or heard of tbose issues on the 23s yet
Matt blew up his 2022 skud turbo last winter on one of the first rides.

Top Bottom