Yet another tire thread

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So its time for some new rubber on the old 850 and as much as I would love to try some outlaws on it i just cant justify paying $1600 for atv tires. I have zillas on my rzr and love them so thats what i am going with, much cheaper and lighter.

I want to hear if anyone is running 30 inch zillas and how they like them and if the 30 is worth it over say a 28.

Thanks in advance

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
30 S are much better than 28s . Had 30s on my old 850 , work really good.
also look at the silverback x lite 30s , great tire.....

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So its time for some new rubber on the old 850 and as much as I would love to try some outlaws on it i just cant justify paying $1600 for atv tires. I have zillas on my rzr and love them so thats what i am going with, much cheaper and lighter.

I want to hear if anyone is running 30 inch zillas and how they like them and if the 30 is worth it over say a 28.

Thanks in advance
Zillas and SB lites are "good" in mud and nice on trails, but they will not work the mud like an Outlaw or Silverback. I also found the 30" Zillas to be real wimpy in the bead, requiring bi-annual tire removal to clean crap out of the beads. 2 more cents....

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes the 30 Zillas are a little light beaded , I agree. The price you pay for a light tire....the 30 x lites are much better at staying on the bead. The lites chew a bit better too.

Though these are not a true mud tire, they work quite well with out the weight and ride/carnage that goes with a true 30ish mud tire....
the 30 lites don't ride quite as nice as the Zillas .

Both are great tire that allow you to get on the juice a little with out always Breakin crap....imo

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just ran my rzr last week on 30 inch x lites. Worked great.

I had Zilla tires last year.

Zilla tires are a bit soft.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, the sb lites look pretty decent didn't see those till now, I am going to make a trip into rapid revolutions tonight and see what they got in stock.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427989043.262238.jpg

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well phoned rapid they have zillas but not sb lites, anyone know if any place in edm has them in 30's

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

actually saw those on there was really contemplating it, but i am sure if i go with something super aggressive the axles and the sld become a problem. haven't quit made up my mind yet.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got Mega Mayhems on my sxs and really like them. Seem to wear really good. Had them in the really sticky slippery mud and had to pull a sxs out and couldn't believe how they gripped! I actually had to pull 3 sxs's out last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya , they should sell quick . Just put 29.5 terminators on the new machine .

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I wanted to ride this weekend and needed tires. So I ended up with some zillas all I could find on short notice. So far they work awsome crawl through chit I never could befor. May have to still do something with the sld on the 850. Was floating though a swamp and dam near every time I gave it gas it would just slip.

Sent from my S5 while I am slacking at work.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I wanted to ride this weekend and needed tires. So I ended up with some zillas all I could find on short notice. So far they work awsome crawl through chit I never could befor. May have to still do something with the sld on the 850. Was floating though a swamp and dam near every time I gave it gas it would just slip.

Sent from my S5 while I am slacking at work.

I think it's an easy fix.

Top Bottom