Yeehaw!

Scottishpride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well its about time! in 2006 i was entered in a raffle for a brand new polaris sportsman 500. i won and i have to atv to date. its a great quad and has taking mew through quite a bit. but as time passes i think its time to upgrade. we are deciding whether to trade our foreman 450 or the polaris for a ds 450. if we get it brand new i am thinking bout a xc edition from 09 because i live in the mudier bush around. then pay off the rest. YEEHAW! i just got one question though: is the ds 450 efi? i did some research on the fuel type and all it told me was the throttle body. and not being the best mechanic around im not sure. because if its carb id like to buy a r+d power bowl. i read i dirtwheels magazine that its a must have for carb'd quads so im thinking of that.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well its about time! in 2006 i was entered in a raffle for a brand new polaris sportsman 500. i won and i have to atv to date. its a great quad and has taking mew through quite a bit. but as time passes i think its time to upgrade. we are deciding whether to trade our foreman 450 or the polaris for a ds 450. if we get it brand new i am thinking bout a xc edition from 09 because i live in the mudier bush around. then pay off the rest. YEEHAW! i just got one question though: is the ds 450 efi? i did some research on the fuel type and all it told me was the throttle body. and not being the best mechanic around im not sure. because if its carb id like to buy a r+d power bowl. i read i dirtwheels magazine that its a must have for carb'd quads so im thinking of that.

If it says it has throttle bodies, then it should be EFI...
If it says it has carburators than it is carburated. (obviously.)

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a big 10-4. The 2009 DS 450 is EFI. 46 mm throttle body.... go luck on the new ride....

Scottishpride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, that sounded a little wrong, I meant it's obviously carburated because it has carburators.

well i no you didnt mean any harm. but i know if it says carburated its carbd. but i know very little about efi except thats its better than carb.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SkyBoy.... if your thinking about selling the 450Foreman drop me a PM. Would be interested and I'm not that far from you.

Top Bottom