Yamaha Yz 250 pipe on a Yamaha enticer 340?

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im just looking for peoples opinion or if anybody has ever done this. I have a 1983 yamaha enticer i removed the oil injection and just pre mix have done a few small mods nothing crazy and am wondering if anybody has ever considered putting a 2 stroke dirtbike pipe on a sled because i have the stock pipe and silencer for a 2005 yz 250 just laying in the garage and I have the skills to fab it up and make it work in the sled but im wondering if it will work or will it just screw things up.:nono:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im just looking for peoples opinion or if anybody has ever done this. I have a 1983 yamaha enticer i removed the oil injection and just pre mix have done a few small mods nothing crazy and am wondering if anybody has ever considered putting a 2 stroke dirtbike pipe on a sled because i have the stock pipe and silencer for a 2005 yz 250 just laying in the garage and I have the skills to fab it up and make it work in the sled but im wondering if it will work or will it just screw things up.:nono:

That engine is not built to run that pipe at all. It will make noise that it. I would look for a 440 Exciter from the same year if you want more power.

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can do it make sure that your packing inside your existing pipe is removed and remove the packing from you yz pipe. Are u putting the expansion chamber and silencer... by putting both it will give you a sweet sound... Ive one it before

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I will be putting the pipe and silencer on. Why do you suggest removing the packing on the silencer? And when you did yours did you notice any gains in power or anything? Or just lots more noise? Either way it doesn't matter to me I just don't want to affect the power that's already there!

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I will be putting the pipe and silencer on. Why do you suggest removing the packing on the silencer? And when you did yours did you notice any gains in power or anything? Or just lots more noise? Either way it doesn't matter to me I just don't want to affect the power that's already there!

When i did mine i removed the packing because of backpressure... Reducing from something like 3 inches to 1 and a 1/4 something like that is equivalent to the same back pressure as a 3 inch to 2 inch with packing... Any ways I highly suggest you remove the packing from the silencer as it will give you a meaner sound. What to look for is if you properly remove the packing and install the expansion pipe with the silencer is power lagging. it shouldnt happen tho. When i did it to a buddies snowmobile it did increase the snappiness of the throttle.

Also make sure that if it has 2 carbs that they are synced after adding the pipe and if you do experience lagging in throttle you most likely need to drop a # in jet but you shouldnt need to do that if your sled is running good... Hope this helps let me know what happens...

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure Ill give you a update on how it works out and ill post some pictures of how it looks when im all done! Thanks a lot for the input!

Top Bottom