Yamaha YFZ 1000 A short ride review.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I finally got my azz in a new Yamaha 1000 for a few rips in the dunes / desert / and a rip through town ( lake Havasu ) .....
some random thoughts ....
This was a modified YXZ , with a stage 3 reflash pipes and some suspension / cage work done , bare in mind .....anyways :

This thing rips / like crotch rocket rips .... It throws you back in the seat , firmly !
The sound is unique , it literally screams ... It loves to rev.....

suspension is fantastic , firm and very little body roll . The faster you push it , the better it feels.... Tight trails are a handful if your shifting a lot . Power is all up high with very little lugging power, DONT confuse this with a trail machine , it's not....!

Quiet cab , a bit of a bang when you shift but the more power it is under when shifting the more seamless it is .....
Typical great Yamaha fit and finish. It tracks real well in 4x4 , and can get a little squirrelly in 2 wheel drive , as there is just never enough traction , combined with a rather stiff suspension . ( low speed )

I could see the 5 spd growing old in a hurry , but it is an absolute blast to make a few pass's through the gears ... Low is low enough to get you moving , but not to technical trail ride ...in any way .

Anyway it's not the machine for me , but it is an absolute blast to drive / and in the dunes / desert a real competitor ....

Love that sound .... Cheers !!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 522
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 479
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 486
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from what i gathered.
recluse and paddle shifters would have made this so much better.

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy came out from Ontario. We rode the dunes here. Suspension was awesome and sounds awesome but it's meant to go like hell. Not the greatest for putting around the trails.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was it stock geared , or the TW gear reduction ? They do go like jack the bear ....
But they like to run fast & rev like no tomorrow...lol
Fun day I bet ...!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My friend has one. He was going to gear it down

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy said he was going to build his own gear box but think he said it was lower geared than he thought it would be so not doing it now.
He built the back rack and front bumpers and the winch mount too.

Top Bottom