Yamaha ttr230 or yz250f?

Sportsman500Rider

Reaction score
I like both these dirt bikes but i'm nt sure which to get. I know the ttr is a trail bike and the yzf if a motocross but i like the yzf's snappy accelleration and power. But i would like to ride trails, ditches and gravel roads etc. I was wondering if the yzf has a smal fuel tank though. Whats the fuel milage for them and whats the fuel tank capacity?

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You want the wr250f go to yamaha's website and look it up. The ttr will be to small and you get board fast.

Sportsman500Rider

Reaction score
all the wr250f bikes i found were 2 much $$$$ i'm looking in the $2500 range. how often do u change oil in the yzf i heard like every few hours

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends how you ride. just crusing around every month or so but if your in the mud or racing really working the bike after every ride, its cheap and easy to do though and really saves your engine. And we dont change the filter every time just the oil.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On another note if you can get a good deal on a yz you can get headlight stater kits and but a light on then. Just a idea.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you arent racing it, change the oil as often as you normally would in any bike. fuel consumption again depends on how hard u ride it.

Top Bottom