Yamaha rhino axles

manonfire

Reaction score
Broke the front outer left cv joint and the rear inner left axles or cv. Not sure on the rear if it was cv or axle.

Were would be an affordable place to get replacements? And should i replace whole axle assemblies or just what broke. Any input would be help full. The rhino is a 2004, and i know that the right rear was done before i bought it.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just broke my my outer rear cv on my rzr 570 polaris says I have to buy the whole shaft so I decided to order two rear shafts from superatv better quality and cheaper I have a 2 " lift kit and 28" tires so I thought id have to eventualy!

manonfire

Reaction score
I dont have a lift on my rhino but i do have 27" tires. And allot more hp than a stalk 660. Second run with it lol....fun fun fun

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Puffer99

Reaction score
I haven't tried them but have heard good things about the axles Hunterworks sells. Price is really good compared to Yamaha. If you want bullet proof axles, Turners are the toughest, but you will break other stuff instead.

manonfire

Reaction score
Yeah I stumbled across the hunterworks site today and was looking at the stuff there, and watched some of there how too vids. I am going to change all 4 axles when I get some Pennies saved up, then keep the good parts for spares. Then hope nothing else brakes lol.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

yamafam

Reaction score
I've always ran gorillas. Expensive but I haven't shattered any yet. I've been hearing good things about the rhinos tho.

yamafam

Reaction score
You have to break them in properly or they will overheat. The first 100k your supposed to take it easy and let them cool often. My first ride with mine i ran them in an out of the river and there still good. Almost 1000k on fronts and rears with 31" outlaws the whole time. Yamaha stock axles are junk.

Last edited:

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have to break them in properly or they will overheat. The first 100k your supposed to take it easy and let them cool often. My first ride with mine i ran them in an out of the river and there still good. Almost 1000k on fronts and rears with 31" outlaws the whole time. Yamaha stock axles are junk.

Never really seen a need for gorillas on front of the rhino. My dif would blow before I ever blew an axle. And that's the first time I ever heard of breaking the axles in. I replaced 3 or 4 boots and gave up. They were so hot I burnt my hand touching the axle after 15 mins of riding.

thekrust

Reaction score
Tried gorilla's on a grizzly, complete fail! The only cure was to put stockers back on.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
utv canada has theirs on for $199 have had a set of their rears in for a couple seasons with no issues
rhino is a 4 str with 30" zillas and a properly tuned 734 trinity kit

yamafam

Reaction score
My buddy just blew a front rhino axle in his grizzly. Has had it for maybe a few 100km with 27 outlaws. I have lost faith in them. When I put the axles in my grizz there was a sticker that said they needed to be broke in and If not done properly would overheat. For the first few k you supposed to ride a bit and let them cool then repeat. I just rode the river that day so I wasn't to worried about it. I couldn't run stockers. Blew three stock axles before I had 100k on the bike, but I do ride a little hard and 31s are pretty heavy.

Top Bottom