yamaha phaser

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Good to hear from ya' Rick! Been real busy with all the snow and helping-out my friend who's had a load of bad luck lately (Replaced the pistons twice in one sled and we're currently in the process of replacing the right crank and pistons on his other sled) :(!! Did you come down and pick up the trailer from here?

SOUNDS LIKE BAD LUCK.... YUP, WE ACTUALLY WENT TO GREAT FALLS AND THE FELLOW'S DAD MET US THERE(SAVED US ABOUT ANOTHER 5 HOURS DRIVING, ANYWAY) WITH THE TRAILER.
DID YOU POST YOUR HOME FLAG/PIN ON THE MEMBERS MAP YET?? ITS ON THE FRONT FORUM PAGE ON THE LEFT SIDE....... ;)

bcboy

Reaction score
i have one its a blast no highmarks. but mine will be getting a turbo and a 151 track or a 153. its like riding a dirt bike and as i tell my friends this machine will tell if your a skilled rider. well my friend came walking back and said i tipped it over and can't up right it . i was so easy i just rolled it down the hill started up and rode away while mr rollover was trying to start lol

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife ran an 07 XRS 800 159 and loved it. 4000k in one season and engine done. Sold it bought phaser, she hated it around home on the crusty snow. One trip to the hills now she likes it, she feels like she can control it better than the summit, soon to be turboed as she misses the power while climbing.
I found it to be fun, reminds me of riding the old 87 Exciters paddled up.
No smoke in the shop or trailer and no more pulling the rope.
She hates my T-Nytro with 8" riser
Now have 4 Yamaha's in the family in past 12 months, first yammies since converting to Doo in '97. For me no looking back

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took a demo out last year and had a geat ole time. Suspension was excellent, easy to throw around. My wife did find it a bit tippy though.

Yama-Guy

Reaction score
I also got a Phazer! There awesome! So F people who say otherwise! lol :p I'm actually adding 2G's worth of accessorize!!!! But I think I also might want the McXpress Turbo (Go from 80 hp to 140 hp:) ) but I was looking at the front; and the air intake is open. After a long trip in the snow does it plug up with snow?
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k6Y9jxF4K8[/YOUTUBE]

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took a short track Phazer GT out last season for a test ride and enjoyed it a long track would be better. probaly snow check one for next season...for a small sled it still hit 130km across a feild in 2 feet of snow not bad for a short track

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dug a turbo phazer out 15 times in one day last year with a mountain vet riding it(ha ha) he will not live this down in a lifetime. He was so mad he's not coming on the first trip this year because he rufuses to bring it to the hills. Might be different story if you can throw a 15" 151 or better on it, the machine just couldn't stay on top of the snow.

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah last year I rode a '07 Phazer MTX in the mountains. It not enough power stock to ride in the mountains, but it's easy to one ski and carve, it's a good sled for a lady but not enough power for a guy in the mountains you'd have to slap a turbo on it atleast, but this year I'm riding a 08' Yamaha Fx Nytro MTX we put a turbo on it and piped it, it's amazing it's just an animal. I'm only 11 years old but it's an amazing sled to ride.

another 11 yr old on a turbo'd nytro eh... hope ur big and strong for being 11 yrs old...

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
We have 2 in our family. 11 and 14 year olds ride them hard.
And I race as many modded 2 strokes as I can find. :p
Ride the turbo phazer in the hills and it's a blast.:d Love the look on a dudes face when a phazer breaks trail into turtle with 3feet of fluff and they are stuck on switchback:eek::eek:
Is it a hillclimber stock?......no.....is it a great 500cc sled...2 stroke or 4?......yes
And you won't smell like a chainsawwwww
Safe sleddin':beer:
CM

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WzmtIFUrFA[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH0AC4cqPMk[/media]

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
....Is it a BIG hill climber....nope! Is it fun to ride.....yes! Is it heavy....yes....It's not the fastest through the powder but the thing just keeps chuggin' along! If your lookin' for a gas and go sled that has the ease of key start, no oil mixing/smell, and is super fun to ride but is a bit underpowered compared to other 600cc machines, more like a 500cc machine with the torque of the 600cc, then this sled is one of my top recommendations! I say it all depends on what your lookin' for.

Totally agree with that statement!!!! I ride a couple times a year in the mountains with a girl that has one and she loves it. She is about 5'1" and about 120lbs soaking wet and she handles it just fine. They are really top heavy IMO (not a bad thing) and are really easy to flick around when the power is on, trying to flop it without the fun flipper pushed in won't work, they are actually pretty stable.

Like the Energizer bunny though, not so much in the really steep and deep but on something with a base they just keep going and going, doesn't need to go 100mph, they just seem to climb along like a little mountain goat.

Only two things I don't like about them - the little computer thing is stuck up too high like Teeroy said, but I have seen her sled roll at least a half dozen times and it has never broken off, but yeah, still not a great design for such an important part (even if it doesn't roll, its still stuck up there where you can catch a knee on it or smack your chest into it, etc) and the stupid little thing it does when it flips over and won't run right properly for the first few minutes when uprighted (i'm guessing oil pressure?).

sledchick855

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man I wish I could have a longtracker....I'm just a midget here in MN..:( But as the Phazer power, I love it...I couldn't imagine it with a turbo!! I've ridden doo's my whole life, the Phazer took some getting used to..but raced my first race with it last year and it handled really well! I would have changed some suspension stuff to get it set up for myself though. As far as the front shocks, I wish you could move them back a tad..since they seem so straight up and down..the front end really bounces around and makes it tough to handle. But as far as turn the key and go I love it, the weight is kinda an issue..but I think I just need to pump more iron..;) The nytro..now thats a different story! :D

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I have to say is it's a great machine! my girlfriend loves hers and it takes me all over the mountain too!

bcboy

Reaction score
i rode a phazer last years i'am 6'2 260 with my gear on i got me around good last year no hillclimbing in the deep stuff unless u do switch backs up the hill.
my riding skills where much improved on this sled so this year i traded the stock one in and got the nytro. all i have to say is yeeha 103km at half throttle. i let my friend bug me last year and this year well i pick up a nytro will see whos behind who :d

the first thing i did was take the sway-bar off and a skidplate on the phazer and heavy rear springs its sweet in the whoops, then a moto slip on it sounds like dirt bike now
http://imageshack.us

http://imageshack.us

uuoody

Reaction score
I have an 07 Mountain Lite and I love it. But I'm new to mountain riding, and I am mostly into boondocking and jumping. I thought about a turbo, but have heard that it takes time to wind up and is hard to cluch. So I looked into super charging, but I think why dump all that money into mods to end up with the same hp (or less) than a stock Nytro? I have found a link to Shcmidt Bros Racing out of the US, and they have some after market pipes, air, and fuel mods that would add about 10 hp for under a grand. Their website is: Schmidt Bros Motorsports - Aftermarket Yamaha Phazer, FX-Nytro, and Vmax parts. They even have an electronics pod protector.

Has anyone done any of these mods with any brands? What manufacurer of pipes claims the most hp change?

This sled is great for a beginner like me and I love the high seat. Although if I get it on its side, I'm in trouble.

Last edited:

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
im gonna get one for my gf in the spring... ez for here to pull over... no need for here to worry about the oil/maintance

on the other hand

my friend is tryin to find a deep hole or a lakebottom for his mcx "phizzer"

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fourstrokes hmmm. hell yes, the biggest thing with the fourstroke sleds is its not quite the same as any other in the handling department, i sell yammy and cat and have a turbo phazer 140 hp and just bought a apex mtn for a personal sled i love it heres the trick

stay on the gas and you have more control its a bit like a seadoo if your off the gas you have less control, stay on it and its more fun than se.. well its a lot of fun. I just sold my 2007 prize m1000 153 which i thought wouldnt happen, but
3 days on a new apex (stock for now) in 4-5 ft of powder at renshaw sold me.
turning is so easy - on the gas and lean it will go anywhere
fuel economy is awesome, imagine a 8 dollar a day fill, hmmm not bad
its heavier for sure, but the torque is triple what a comparable 2 stroke is-
and getting unstuck is so easy you can actually lug the sled out of a hole- which we all know is not an easy task on a 2 stroke, plus gobbs of smooth power.
its like a new girlfriend - you may not want to fall in the same old routine with her if you want it to last- as men we all know there all a bit different
so you need to get acquainted a bit 1st before you judge the ride lol

good luck

Terry

Top Bottom