yamaha nytro rear turbo boost leak

pincampbell

Reaction score
i have a 2010 yamaha nytro with a alpine rear mount turbo i have replaced fuel controller rear boost tube elbow had the intercooler rewelded and checked the connections from the throttle boddies to the intercooler.i still am losing boost somewhere any ideas?

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a used TNytro with the Alpine/Trask rear turbo. I had an exhaust leak at the flex joint coming through the bulk head.
Not sure if yours is the same setup but I have a pic I can send you if you want to compare setups. Something to check anyway.

pincampbell

Reaction score
I just bought a used TNytro with the Alpine/Trask rear turbo. I had an exhaust leak at the flex joint coming through the bulk head.
Not sure if yours is the same setup but I have a pic I can send you if you want to compare setups. Something to check anyway.

a picture would be awsome thanks

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cracks in the bellows of the exhaust under the fuel tank is a good place to look. A common problem if running av gas and boost.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good to hear. pain in the arse. This summer I will pull mine again and come up with a flex joint that clamps in place. Make it easier to replace when needed.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Another good place that you will find boost leaks is in the gaskets labelled #4, The brass ones that Thistledoo sales wont blow apart. Ive replaced the stock ones twice.

leak.JPG

Top Bottom