Yamaha/Cat engin. Changing the game

stonycat

Reaction score
I'm a Doo guy. But 180 hp. Up to 270 hp at elevation. When 800s are 130?-140? At elevation. I'm thinking about it. Might be a blast.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a Doo guy. But 180 hp. Up to 270 hp at elevation. When 800s are 130?-140? At elevation. I'm thinking about it. Might be a blast.

I just switched from a supercharged apex to a 16 T3. Sure miss the power....+50% really is a huge difference! Always looking down at the bars to see if I have snow between the throttle and bar.

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with there being less power but more agility do you notice a big difference at the end of the day? would you still after riding both have more hp or more agility?

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just switched from a supercharged apex to a 16 T3. Sure miss the power....+50% really is a huge difference! Always looking down at the bars to see if I have snow between the throttle and bar.

I have ridden my buddy's supercharged nytro and yes I admit 190 plus hp at altitude is addicting and works fabulous on big climbs and I imagine the new sidewinder and Kcat will be even better. That being said do you enjoy the boosted sleds as much in the technical terrain over your current sled? I didn't get enough time on the boost to maybe get used to it in the trees etc. Did you find a boosted sled bridged enough of a gap between say big pulls and boondocking to satisfy your riding needs?

Top Bottom