Yamaha Banshee or Honda trx 450r ????

mrrockstar

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a yamaha blaster and getting red of it bc i need a bigger one. Today i drove a 450r and it was realy fast but idk about the banshee wil it keep up with a 450 plz gimme your suggestion thx

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, Get a Banshee if you ride sand, get the 450R if you ride trails.

The Banshee is BY FAR the best sand machine out there....but a little too high sprung for the trails.
A 450R will be fun at both places....won't keep up with a banshee in the dunes but still a good ride.

If i were buying a new quad these days...it would be a Raptor. Got to have reverse!

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like Highmark said, Depends on what you'll be riding mostly. I have a 450er. It does alright on a track in stock form. I don't think it would be the same for a banshee. as far as maintenance, the 450 is solid, just change the oils and keep the air filter clean.

Mikehunt

Reaction score
They will both be fast but the honda will have way better suspension and not suspension from the mid 1980's

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They will both be fast but the honda will have way better suspension and not suspension from the mid 1980's

It was 87 that the Banshee came out. Completely unchanged as far as I know from then. Manufactured till 01, they still had new/ never ridden machines on the showroom floor in 03.

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually they were produced untill '06. And yes pretty much unchanged from when the were first released. Still nothing is a better dune machine. No 450 is going to keep up in the sand.

Dylan.B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In all honesty i dont think that the banshee has a real chance against a new 450. The banshee is basically the same machine from the 80s and thats hard to compare to the new technology. the only advantage i see the banshee having is modding will be alot less expensive

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only time the banshee changed was in 89 from when it went to a arms instead of the j arms I've got three of these quads love them on the sand they spank 450s all day. But like the others say they aren't as nice on the trails as the new four strokes. As for the suspension you can get a banshee for a decent price and throw as set of elkas on it and it's nicer than the new style quads. Your end up paying the same price over all so it's all depends on what you ride and if you want to mod it or not. If your modding buy the shee you'll get twice the power for half the price. If your planning on running a stocker get a four stroke. Just food for thought let me know if your looking for a banshee or parts for one I've got a few kicking around.

Top Bottom