XRS track change?

Devo

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Its time to throw a new track on the xrs 800 151". Any suggestions or advice on which track to go with? I wouldn't mind going to a longer track with maybe a big wheel kit?

Any help or suggestions appreciated. Thanks:beer:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Its time to throw a new track on the xrs 800 151". Any suggestions or advice on which track to go with? I wouldn't mind going to a longer track with maybe a big wheel kit?

Any help or suggestions appreciated. Thanks:beer:

How much are you willing to spend? and what is your current pitch 2.52? If you want to go to a 3 pitch track you will have to change drivers as well. If you already have a 3 pitch then its just a matter of how long and deep you want to go. You wont just be able to go to a longer track with a big wheel kit from a 151 unless you only go to a 153, maybe 154 with the adjusters all the way back. You will likely need some rail extensions if you want to go longer than 153/154.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heres a good option that i would consider.

154x2.5x16 camo extreme w/8" wheel kit

couple inches longer..extra lug height and a better track

might have to use a smaller driver....not sure

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with the 156 camo 2 1/2 paddle that thing moves snow, and you don't lose a bunch of handling ability.you do need rail ext and we droped from 10 to 7 tooth driver it climbs i would say 30% better and i only lost 5-10 mph top speed but i hold the track speed when climbing no matter what i hit rock, tree, other sleds, lol

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Camo xtreme and drivers new will run you around $1300.
I know guys are using the 156 on the 154 xp but not sure about the 156 on the 151 rails. The camo extreme is the track to have but the cost is drivers and more expensive.

A cheaper route to take would be to get your hands a challanger 2.3" lug track (stock track used on all new ski-doos) this way the pitch of the track is the same that you currently have (2.52) and there is no need to change drivers, or to even drop driver size because it will fit. Also i could see the 154 track fitting on the 151 rails with big wheels.

Talk to Curtis at tracks canada to see what your best route is for buying new, or you could get lucky and find a take off from a 154 XP.

Good luck !

Devo

Reaction score
Thanks alot for the input and advice guys. I'm leaning towards the 154" camo extremetrack - although did hear it was a fairly heavy.(not that I cant just lose the extra pounds myself) I also had a guy recommend a 153 power claw arctic cat track (nice and light)...but I think I want to keep the 16" width on er. I will let you kow how I make out and how she pulls.

Thanks again

Top Bottom