xp tunnel question

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to buy a new xp this summer/fall and I like the white tunnels and side panels but I'm wondering how it hold up to boots and tree branches. I don't want to polish anymore so bare aluminum is out. I like the white but if I have to clean and rub off boot scuffs all the time I'll just go all black. Also are they painted or powdercated?
thx for any info:d:beer:

Last edited:

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would assume their powder coated, but if your worried about it getting dirty you might as well get black.

My white sled is now white and tree bark coloured and I really don't care. It's a toy, it's ment to get dirty and broken!

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I prefer to keep my toys in good condition and not let them get all beat up. Anybody out there who actually owns an Xp with white tunnel?

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I kinda wish I had gotten the freeride (it has the white tunnel) as it has better suspension on it. But the black is easier to keep clean.

Mind you if you give the tunnel a good cleaning after each trip, should be able to keep it nice.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only the current Free Ride has the white tunnel. It is powder coated. Of the ones I have seen it holds up well. Boot marks seem to come off with a little rubbing and cleaner.

If you really want a white tunnel then get some 3M vinyl and do your own wrap in white. The vinyl when covered with a clear vinyl holds up very well.

I have a limenine.com vinyl wrap and it holds up very well to every boot and tree it has encountered.

You could easier get some white and clear vinyl and do your own for your tunnel. Plus the snow doesn't stick to the vinyl as much.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the tunnels are not powdercoated. its an epoxy paint.

holds up good but nothing compared to an aftermarket coating job.

id go black personally. cant go wrong

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx for the responses guys:beer:

I was checking out the "show your XP" thread and after seeing Jaredszakacs XP, I am really leaning to all black...:beer::d

Maybe even powdercoating the spindles and rails black as well:rolleyes:

Attachments

• jareds.jpg
    jareds.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 257

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were out with a free ride last week, we found the machine to be lame compared to the 163xp, and upgraded shocks did not do much in the deep, hhe said hid next sled was not going to be the freeride

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx for the responses guys:beer:

I was checking out the "show your XP" thread and after seeing Jaredszakacs XP, I am really leaning to all black...:beer::d

Maybe even powdercoating the spindles and rails black as well:rolleyes:

I love the look of white but it's hard to keep it looking new & clean. Secondly I'm just not sure how noticed you'd be on a snowy day, it would camoflouge so well and I'd be scared of getting hit from not being seen by others. Black stands out well against the white. My REV is all black and my XP will soon be.

yammyman

Reaction score
Rob from riverside said his freeride is a nightmare to clean. spraynine and tons of scrubbing after every weekend. every time he touches the brakes it leaves a stream of brakedust on the hood. footwells are the worst. I almost put a deposit on a freeride but a 163 x is a deadly machine in everyway. it'll be my first brandnew machine and I already have a killer wrap in my head and I'll get a few things p coated at impact coatings.... can't wait. thinking of getting air frame boards. ( mixed reviews- tricky decision) I'd powder coat them for sure.

jhsummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.jhactivities.com
I don't know about the white tunnel but I bought the X package this year with the black tunnel and white side panels. I've always bought all black sleds but it was an X that someone ordered and backed out of so I got a great deal on it. Anyways... The white side panels are trashed and look like ch!t. I'm going to put new panels on to sell it. They have exhaust marks on them, show every little tree mark, have tons of black chit on the clutch side, black marks from the pull cord. Black is the way to go for sure!

Top Bottom