XP Suspension Spring Upgrade

Honda619

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend an after market replacement spring for the rear suspension on my 08 XP as the stock ones sag out really quick.

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend an after market replacement spring for the rear suspension on my 08 XP as the stock ones sag out really quick.

Join the club. So common problem. I guess the 2010 sled they finally fixed it. So with your 08/09:

BRP is recommending the springs be replaced with the 2 up springs. No recall/warranty of course. Call any dealer, they will know what you are talking about. They are about $70/side if memory serves. This also sell another kit for about $600, can't all remember what comes in it. Lots of people have repeat problems with the rear shock on the 08.

You can also go with the Tom's kit buy it direct if you want or from specialty sleds. I just put one in mine. Fully adjustable all kinds of fancy fox float EVOL tech and such.

or the nextech kit. NEXTECH carbonsled SHOCKS

My rear shock had also went, so I was looking at $420 for the shock plus $140 for two springs, so I went with the tom's kit. Tom's reviews better than the nextech IMO. Tom's uses a modified swing arm with different mount point, next tech is closer to stock. Since the stock setup is not great, I wanted to try the toms.

So far it's working pretty good I think. I haven't tried any rough trails yet but I notice when boon docking i'm going a lot faster than everyone else is now, which I take to mean I'm riding smoother than they are. There is no sag now, it returns right to the top when you get off and it sits just right when you are on.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go on dootalk, do a search for the heavy springs in the xp mountian forum to find the part number for the heavy springs if you have problems at the dealer.

The heavy springs on the lowest setting are stiffer than the stock springs on the stiffest setting. Makes a difference.

The BRP 2010 KIT is new rails and center shock and its almost $750 ($550 US) and doesn't fix the sagging springs. You can't even find it listed on BRP canada's site as far as I know, just the US site. But thats if you wanted to change the attack angle of the track.

But if you simply want to decrease the sag, go with the heavy springs as maxwell mentioned.

Honda619

Reaction score
Thanks for the info all. Seeing the jingle in the jeans is not jingiling looks like BRP stiffer springs is in order.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info all. Seeing the jingle in the jeans is not jingiling looks like BRP stiffer springs is in order.

We did the brp heavy spring swap with the dootalk bushings, I'm 280 and on the highest setting, the back end did not move much more than 1/2 inch. We also had the shocks recharged. P.S we also did a smitty drop bracket at the same time. 2008 XPX 163

Top Bottom