xp skid too soft

sledcruiser

Reaction score
hey guys i just put an 08 xp 154 skid in my rev. pretty happy with it sofar but it is really soft. i have adjusted the front shock all the way and adjusted the rear springs to notch 5. still when i step on my sled it sags about 3/4 of the suspension down....
thnx Dan

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When it sits with no rider is the rear scissor arm partially collapsed or does it stand up fully? A lot of guys run a relocate on where the scissor meets the rails to help the sag.

Alwayswar

Reaction score
Rear scissor relocate brackets, like bnorth said. Stiffened the a$$ end of my sled a Lot. It did however lower the rear a bit. I put on drop brackets to bring it back up.

sledcruiser

Reaction score
Not 3/4 of an inch, more like 3/4 of the actual suspension travel

sledcruiser

Reaction score
With no rider it sits good. Ass soon as my skinny ass hops on I loose atleast 5 inches. No offense bro. But I think you would bottom it Out buy just standing on it

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you get your heavy springs from?

I ran the relocates for a year then bought the heavy springs ended up taking the relocates off. The heavy springs are from BRP. The heavy springs the parts counter said are for 220lbs and up. I'm all of 220+gear and now am running the spings on #3.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed spring bushings along with heavy spring - using ride on # 3 setting

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did this a few years ago - think it was UHMW in a 3" X 8 ft roll - cut to length and machined to fix - shafts on sled r somewhat oval, so had to use a aggresive die grinder to made bushing fit on shaft

Top Bottom