xp skid in a pro?

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something mentioned in another thread got my brain going. Is it possible to put an xp skid, with the t-motion upgrade kit, under a 2011-2013 pro rmk? Or is the skid wider because the track is wider and won't fit in the more narrow tunnel?

And I know if you throw enough money at it anything is possible but I'm curious if it would be fairly easy.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Intresting combo not sure if it would fit. Remember a crazy Rotaris 650 stroker with a Baker tunnel and skid that was a wicked combination of Doo and Poo.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A wise friend once told me anything is possible with a welder and a cutting torch. But yes it is wider and won't fit in the little bitty poo tunnel.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A wise friend once told me anything is possible with a welder and a cutting torch. But yes it is wider and won't fit in the little bitty poo tunnel.

I think it could be done. I don't think the skid is any wider than the Pro's but the track is an inch wider. No?

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Pro tunnel must be narrower, there is only about a quarter inch clearance between the 15" track and tunnel sides. Would be an interesting mod for sure.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it could be done. I don't think the skid is any wider than the Pro's but the track is an inch wider. No?

I believe the rail spacing is the same but the front and rear arms would need to be narrowed to fit inside the tunnel.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This might be a good idea for a savvy aftermarket skid company to make, Ski Doo's idea looks pretty simple? Might be very sucsessful, wonder how much BRP makes selling narrow ski kits and twisty skids to owners of earlier models? I heard they were priced quite reasonably for what you get?

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya they did a great job with price point thats forsure! gotta love being able to buy all new a-arms and shocks for under $600. Interesting mod forsure! I'm sure it can be done. may have to do some tweeking to tunnel or possibly go aftermarket tunnel but I think it would be pretty slick if you got it to work!

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont mess with the pro bro......if you want supreme T-Motion handling buy an XM... they already exist, no modification required. Extra power included.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That will be left up to the customer to decide. We can either use the flat steering for guys that that know how to ride, and the xm steering for guys that have have turret syndrome and feel the need to scratch the bottoms of their feet every time ya turn. Since it'd be a mash up of all brands we can work with special guys like you maxwell to accommodate your unique riding style. Fisher price can donate a set of training wheels as well.... Hahahahaha jkjkjk

Top Bottom