xp 880 big bore

dbar7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im looking to do one on my sled just wondering what the best one to go with and how much its gonna cost me to do.. also what kinda power are you seeing out of them?

rotaxtothemax

Reaction score
spiltsecond performance valleyview. ralph 524 4330 builds a awesome 880 twin pipes the works 180 hp pulls like a freight train . good guy

mark4

Reaction score
well the only fully ported big bore I've ever seen was the Terra Alps Racing kit, hands down beats out the others. No piston issues like the others. took the 1000 mod class in the local snow drags.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well the only fully ported big bore I've ever seen was the Terra Alps Racing kit, hands down beats out the others. No piston issues like the others. took the 1000 mod class in the local snow drags.

880-or-860?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Like what piston issues? I've seen several different B/B kits with quite afew miles on them and none of them have had piston issues. You want to talk about drag racin there is a group of guys that come out west every year from quebec and there getting 170hp out of a stock bore 800 doo with porting and a couple other little mods, and yah they race on a large scale. they also have a 1600cc rotax 4cylinder( two 800's put together to make one motor).

I have only seen one of ted's doo B/B's and that guy said it worked well but he definitely wouldn't go that route again. But like i said in three years livin at the base of the mtn's here i've only seen one that i know of.

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
Like what piston issues? I've seen several different B/B kits with quite afew miles on them and none of them have had piston issues. You want to talk about drag racin there is a group of guys that come out west every year from quebec and there getting 170hp out of a stock bore 800 doo with porting and a couple other little mods, and yah they race on a large scale. they also have a 1600cc rotax 4cylinder( two 800's put together to make one motor).

I have only seen one of ted's doo B/B's and that guy said it worked well but he definitely wouldn't go that route again. But like i said in three years livin at the base of the mtn's here i've only seen one that i know of.

For pistons issues, I've heard of 3 880's in town and every year they are getting pistons, that came from the guy that sold them and installed them, he wasn't impressed. Not my engines, not my problem. One came into my shop it only had a basic clean up job for porting so no real gains there.
I don't think anyone is talking drag racing? I do like to race tho.
I have done some 800's doos that have the same porting as my 860's and rip 170 hp? depends whos dyno. alot of 860's don't make 170 hp on some dynos.
There is a engine I put together lives across the highway from you glen, rides every week in McBride. For who your refering to who wouldn't run our big bore again? I can think of one that you might have seen, and he owes me. So that would answer it.
Most are happy. Its an investment in your toy and it should be worth it.

Ted,
Terra Alps Racing inc.

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
due note that is the sound of twin pipes :d:d man i love em

Yea twin pipes do sound good, and I'm all for them, but the singles are working very well these days and are hard to beat in the mtns. We took out a stock piped 860 with our high flow Y pipe and mbrp muffler, just after that video. It would just edge out the twin piper. Shows the little hp gain it made on the dyno didn't show in the mtns.

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bikeman 880 + CORY MIcKU clutch setup.

im even running pump gas and this is a fun sled.

Listen to maxwell, also, loosen your limiter strap all the way, then buy a hard case back pack to slide down the hill on your back when you need to get others sleds up....

No really, listen to machwell.

Sent from my iPhone slayer.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea twin pipes do sound good, and I'm all for them, but the singles are working very well these days and are hard to beat in the mtns. We took out a stock piped 860 with our high flow Y pipe and mbrp muffler, just after that video. It would just edge out the twin piper. Shows the little hp gain it made on the dyno didn't show in the mtns.

that'll_be_my_setup_this_season!!:d:d

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For pistons issues, I've heard of 3 880's in town and every year they are getting pistons, that came from the guy that sold them and installed them, he wasn't impressed. Not my engines, not my problem. One came into my shop it only had a basic clean up job for porting so no real gains there.
I don't think anyone is talking drag racing? I do like to race tho.
I have done some 800's doos that have the same porting as my 860's and rip 170 hp? depends whos dyno. alot of 860's don't make 170 hp on some dynos.
There is a engine I put together lives across the highway from you glen, rides every week in McBride. For who your refering to who wouldn't run our big bore again? I can think of one that you might have seen, and he owes me. So that would answer it.
Most are happy. Its an investment in your toy and it should be worth it.

Ted,
Terra Alps Racing inc.

The one across the road i didn't think he had any mods done to it? I thought it was just more or less a rebuild job.

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
Yes just a rebuild but a good runner, close to 10,000kms on that sled? His only big mod this year is the big guy loosing 80 lbs! I think he will notice that more then anything! LOL

Top Bottom