XP 860 Surging 7-8000 RPM

allrevsrule

Reaction score
I have a 860 XP when pulling on a hill it surges between 7-8000 rpm. The EGT's are around 1120 tried jetting down from 430/420/410 to 400 no change. Changed out DPM off another sled that was running fine no change. The inside of the air box is soaked with fuel, indicating too much fuel , checked V-Force reeds and they are fine. I had this problem last year, thought was TPS had it set in spring but never rode it since.Raves slide fine.
Any suggestions............................................. :confused::confused:

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 860 XP when pulling on a hill it surges between 7-8000 rpm. The EGT's are around 1120 tried jetting down from 430/420/410 to 400 no change. Changed out DPM off another sled that was running fine no change. The inside of the air box is soaked with fuel, indicating too much fuel , checked V-Force reeds and they are fine. I had this problem last year, thought was TPS had it set in spring but never rode it since.Raves slide fine.
Any suggestions............................................. :confused::confused:

Check for an air leak between Carbs and Bottom end. Could be sucking in air from a poor reed boot seal.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about trying 450's? That's where Big John baselines his 860's with RKT heads.

Edit: do was have a hill around here we can test on? I got a bunch of clutch stuff to try too....

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 05 was doing something similar. Not sure if the R motors can do the same thing or not but do a search for "pipe surge" over on Doo Talk. I think Joey has a write up on his site also, mxzrevzone or something like that.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 05 was doing something similar. Not sure if the R motors can do the same thing or not but do a search for "pipe surge" over on Doo Talk. I think Joey has a write up on his site also, mxzrevzone or something like that.

Ya....could you make the ol multi-colored bomb run like he!! again please? I hate it when you beat up on me....

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya....could you make the ol multi-colored bomb run like he!! again please? I hate it when you beat up on me....

Always happy to be the baseline for ya Dave. I've got Nordlocks on my Y pipe now so that's like a 1/10th in the quarter isn't it?

Top Bottom