XM = wheelie monster ?

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I've got 2 real days on the XM, been riding it with the "default" dealer setup and she likes to wheelie !!!

Was doing some steep climbs and had to shut it down mid way, tried to lean forward more to no avail...

Anyone else finding this ? I've never really messed around with limiter strap and suspension, but I think my strap is on hole #3, guess i'll suck it up one to hole #2.

can't wait for the break in mode to be over ... this thing is a little ridiculous!

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tighten your middle shock and if that doesnt do much mess with the strap. On my 163 xm I just tightened the middle shock and it seems fine. These things will be amazing when the breakin mode is over they pull hard.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I rode it hard in the trees yesterday on short climbs and in about 4-5' of well set-up snow. it didn't wheelie but the track sure pulls almost to the point of "I wouldn't want to follow that track!" Trenching comes to mind but one has to doo what one has to doo to get up those little hills in and through the trees. I found the XM very maneuverable and most responsive. It was very easy to keep on a line.

I likey……..:D

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you stand more forward on the boards to bring the nose down, or do you stand farther back and lean on the bars ?

I never had this problem on the ol rev because I never had enough power :)

the XM is going to have a learning curve filled with smiles

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you stand more forward on the boards to bring the nose down, or do you stand farther back and lean on the bars ?

I never had this problem on the ol rev because I never had enough power :)

the XM is going to have a learning curve filled with smiles

depends on the how you are riding but going up with some steepness I would say get your feet back on the boards and get the bar closer to your chin so to speak (if its real steep) this will give you more control if it starts to wheelie let up a bit and push the bars down

kinda hard to explain here on line lol....

but getting your feet back will help for sure

now going downhill get your feet up front for better control

when you watch sled vids watch the rider postions and you will get a real good idea,, watch burandt he lives on the back edge of his boards unless his coming downhill

I agree with maxwell here again,,, once you find the sweet spot this will work to your advantage for sure

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sweet

I think my problem is standing too far forward when going up (to try to put more weight forward) .. but it actually does the opposite because I end up yanking on the bars

coming down is no problem, except for when I'm choking on pow and can't see where I'm going :D

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sweet

I think my problem is standing too far forward when going up (to try to put more weight forward) .. but it actually does the opposite because I end up yanking on the bars

coming down is no problem, except for when I'm choking on pow and can't see where I'm going :D

ya man try it it will help huge....

the best part about the wheelie is if you know the climb is over due to traction just trench it a bit climb off the sled grab a ski pull a bit and downhill there ya go never stuck haha

hotwing

Reaction score
So I've got 2 real days on the XM, been riding it with the "default" dealer setup and she likes to wheelie !!!

Was doing some steep climbs and had to shut it down mid way, tried to lean forward more to no avail...

Anyone else finding this ? I've never really messed around with limiter strap and suspension, but I think my strap is on hole #3, guess i'll suck it up one to hole #2.

can't wait for the break in mode to be over ... this thing is a little ridiculous!

i too noticed mine was wheeling big time at the top of rolls and steep climbs. WAAAAAY more than my 2011.

Top Bottom