Xm vs pro

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love my pro, but ended up snowchecking an XM. They feel just as light on snow as a pro and lay over just as easy. The thing I liked about it was the power of the etec and the balance point of the tMotion. You can balance the sled perfectly no matter how far you lay it over, where as the pro gets kind of squirrelly and unpredictable if your not in that sweet spot.

ride em both and see which sled best suits you and what dealer treats you better.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy I was riding with this weekend took my sled for a rip and it sounds like he'll be snow checking a new XM this year... The ride says it all. He said it feels like the sled wants to get up on top of the snow more than the pro (what he rides right now). He also said that he was impressed with the traction you get with the stock track. He also said that it feels like you are more on top of the sled than behind it with the pro. Something i can agree with because everytime i take a pro for a rip it feels like i'm pushing a m

otor around just simply due to the geometry. But it really comes down to personal preference. Ride both and buy which one feels right. Not what some guy tells you to buy on the internet.

good points. riding the rmk feels like riding my old zx with miles of hood and panels in front of you. riding the xm it is so much smaller out the front and easier to deal with in tight situations. now your buddy..............are you sure that didnt have anything to do with the extra 100hp your running? LOL. oh and can i be your buddy i want to ride your sled too HAHAHA

robhayward

Reaction score
I used to be a Skidoo guy and now I have a 2011 turbo PRO 155. I hopped on a XM 163 and it felt like home. It wasn't quite like the turbo power of course but it made me not want to trade back for half an hour. There are two sleds that people should be riding these days: Turbo Pros and 3" XMs. LOL
Throw a cat in there too somewhere as long as it has a compressor....

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good points. riding the rmk feels like riding my old zx with miles of hood and panels in front of you. riding the xm it is so much smaller out the front and easier to deal with in tight situations. now your buddy..............are you sure that didnt have anything to do with the extra 100hp your running? LOL. oh and can i be your buddy i want to ride your sled too HAHAHA

Nah his comments on the power was he'd have to work out more because with the extra power you need the extra upper body strength :). My personal opinion is that even though the pro tips over more easily, the XM FEELS more nimble. simply because you have less weight in front of you meaning that you can maneuver better when it counts.

Yes i'd be down for a rip, and you could take my sled and show me how its actually supposed to work haha. Or you could pull a T-Team and chicken out when a ride was offered...

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i rented an xm this past weekend, and after spending a day jumping between it and my 2012 pro i am sold on the xm. from my experience it just seems like an all around better sled. the snow conditions were not great, we only had about 8" of powder, so the xm didnt handle quite as good as i remembered from the other times i rode them, but neither did my polaris. i thought that my polaris was easier to sidehill and tip over but i also have the z-broz narrow a-arms, however this being said i think in deeper snow and once a guy got used to the way the xm rides it would be every bit as good as the polaris. to me the xm seems like a much better built machine and the thing i liked the most was the motor. that was the biggest thing for me and i will be snowchecking a new doo. also i have a 2012 pro for sale if anyone is interested.

xteam

Reaction score
Well ladies and gentlemen I rode today with the one of my riding buddies that bought the pro he put my xp to absolute shame. The conditions were 4" of fluff on hard pack but he rode it like a champ my xp wanted to dive like a sub. I do have to say I like side hilling when there is pow but there isn't always pow so.... I rode it and found there is a sweet spot once you get there it's like glue.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Last week in Revy, I was able to try both 13's. An XMX and Pro LE, both 800 163's. I spent equal time on both, in about 2 feet of fresh.
Absolutely no doubt....... Both sled were, smooth, clean power all the way through, handled great, and could hardly tell they were 163's.
But I honestly preferred the Pro over the XM, the Pro was quicker to lean over and hold. Without any counter steering, or the need to put both feet on one board.
JMHO

Top Bottom