XM suspension thoughts

RyanMuir

Reaction score
Looking to switch out the suspension but torn between the different brands. Looking to change out all the suspension front and rear. With gear on i'm pushing around 240lbs + tunnel bag full of goodies. I like the idea of Fox floats cause i like a stiff ride when riding then softer on the trail . I've been looking at Fox Floats, ELKA, or the raptor shocks that everyone has been talking about.

Any thoughts or first hand info would be great.
Thanks!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i hate fox floats. to unreliable. but some have great luck with them. rode a set of raptors last season and WOW. nice units. have raptors on my 2014 all around front and back. excited to try it.

Darren400

Reaction score
I going to be running raptors this year as well! Can't wait to try them!

RyanMuir

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards a set of them. Anyone know about the E-motion bracket. Worth it?

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the E motion bracket only works with the Fox floats's. If there was a coil over option i'd be all over it. I picked up a full set of Exit shocks for my XM, I'm very excited to try them out.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards a set of them. Anyone know about the E-motion bracket. Worth it?
Ya its pretty much just a shock upgrade. Drops a bunch of weight from the skid too. I just got an Emotion set up for my '14. The rear arm looks a lot stronger too. I had Fox floats on my old sled for 5 years (Timbersled skid) had no issues so hopefully this set up is the same or I will be going to Elka or Raptors

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to switch out the suspension but torn between the different brands. Looking to change out all the suspension front and rear. With gear on i'm pushing around 240lbs + tunnel bag full of goodies. I like the idea of Fox floats cause i like a stiff ride when riding then softer on the trail . I've been looking at Fox Floats, ELKA, or the raptor shocks that everyone has been talking about.

Any thoughts or first hand info would be great.
Thanks!

I'm running the regular toms on my xp. It's pretty good on the trails and works well for climbing. I need to do some more tuning to make it better for all around riding. I haven't had tons of time with it but I like it so far. Another thing to look at is the baker skid that he makes with the t motion. I think it will either use raptors or elkas that would also be a good skid but be prepared for the price it won't be cheap but I've never heard anything bad about his stuff.

mctrailboss

Reaction score
X2 on the floats sucking...I have had a few over the years, the evol x are ok and offer a lot of adjustability but still not worth the price IMO.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Baker's coupled T motion with the Raptors will be the hot set up. Can't wait to try one before I buy.

RyanMuir

Reaction score
Well after talking to H2R about the Floats 3's with Evols I went with those and the " E-Motion" kit. Have to wait and see how they turn out. I like the idea that if i had any problems or they broke they rebuild them and the turnaround time is 3-4 days. I ordered them and in 3 days they were at my door. That is service!
I couldn't stand the sag my sled got after the suspension got warm. I had a gnarly crash at boulder and after that the rear shock just wouldn't hold its pressure. It would be fine for an hour then id get off my sled and it would just sag, on some rough trails i felt the track touch the tunnel it felt like. I explained that to my dealer but when it was cold they would say ... its fine its recharged. Oh well.. pretty excited for this season. Also picked up a C3 belt drive.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im going wait to see all the reviews for suspension this season and then upgrade. Sound a like a few good options. I like the weight savings with e-motion, but a lot are raving about the raptors......hmmm

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those following, if you have an "X", consider sending in your shocks for revalving, new springs matched to you weight, and maybe a dual stage centre spring. I did that with Monster Performance ( monsterperf.com). For $600 plus $40 to ship them and he had it back in the mail on 2 days. For the money, its a great upgrade to try before laying down $2000+ for a new set of shocks. I mean, thats why you bought the "X" right?

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where can I find info on Bakers coupled T-Motion? I've got a full set of Raptors to go on my 2014 163.

Call the shop and talk to Darryl or Lance I think their number is 403 254 8686. Or if you want you could try Specialty Sleds in Edmonton, they sell Racers Edge stuff and could probably hook ya up

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the Raptor shocks red edition all around front and rear as well as the iceage rails. Hope it's a good combination!

Top Bottom