xm running like crap

mastin

Reaction score
960 km sleds been flawless had 6 days in mountains and been perfect went on local rally yesterday started maxing out at 6000 rpm sounds like a 4 stroke shut off for a little bit runs good for a minute. My thought was fuel asked my son that got gas for me if he was sure he got premium and he said yes, (I've had gas from that station before and it was ok), my thought it sounds like it's running on 1 cylinder. Any ideas. Thanks

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
960 km sleds been flawless had 6 days in mountains and been perfect went on local rally yesterday started maxing out at 6000 rpm sounds like a 4 stroke shut off for a little bit runs good for a minute. My thought was fuel asked my son that got gas for me if he was sure he got premium and he said yes, (I've had gas from that station before and it was ok), my thought it sounds like it's running on 1 cylinder. Any ideas. Thanks

Kind of sounds like a airplane running out of gas when it does it???? Than clears itself out.

Are you running a can with your clickers set high?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your running on one cylinder for some reason. Check your plug boots and make they are on all the way. If it still does it take it in. That's what warranty is for. When it happened to me same symptoms, it was a bad injector. Except mine never cleaned up or got better. It got worse.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kind of sounds like a airplane running out of gas when it does it???? Than clears itself out.

Are you running a can with your clickers set high?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like an airplane running out of gas? I hope to never know what that sounds like lol

Sent from a iPhone

mastin

Reaction score
Thanks everyone will probably take in to get checked. Is indexing of plugs that important?Clickers were @ 4 put them back to 1 for around here, running Mbrp can, checked plugs boots etc just hoping something simple doesn't seem to be anything wrong on guage cluster. Anyway thanks

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aren't you supposed to change clickers one setting at a time? Read somewhere that going from 4 or 5 straight to one messes chit up for some reason.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aren't you supposed to change clickers one setting at a time? Read somewhere that going from 4 or 5 straight to one messes chit up for some reason.

Nope shouldn't effect anything. As soon as the clickers are changed and the engine is started the ramps compress to whichever clicker you go to.

mastin

Reaction score
Update on sled, found to be exhaust sensor module, waiting parts nothing I can do about that.

Top Bottom