XM Problem Thread...

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Broken fuel line: Isolated incident or a harbinger of DOOm for the months ahead??? :p

XM Towed OUT.jpg

Also a problem: the Tow of Shame by a Skandic... :sadbanana:

(Does anyone think I should post this in the Polaris Thread so that all the DOO boys lurking over there will be sure to see it??)

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How Does one break a rubber fuel line

Weeeeelllll Maxwell, you are the expert, so you should know :) Or perhaps we should be asking BRP?? Not enough glue perhaps :d

(PS, I only started this thread because instead of continuing yesterdays adventure on snow I had to get up at 5am to go to work on a Sunday, and if I am going to be miserable, then everyone else should be too :cool: )

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that a winch on the skaldic? Awesome!! See something new every day.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weeeeelllll Maxwell, you are the expert, so you should know :) Or perhaps we should be asking BRP?? Not enough glue perhaps :d

(PS, I only started this thread because instead of continuing yesterdays adventure on snow I had to get up at 5am to go to work on a Sunday, and if I am going to be miserable, then everyone else should be too :cool: )

I may be to sore and out of shape to continue my yesterday's adventure. Which was epic.

My bet is it wasn't the fuel like but where the fuel line attaches because its a plastic fitting. Gone are the days of metal fittings they weigh to much I guess.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I may be to sore and out of shape to continue my yesterday's adventure. Which was epic.

My bet is it wasn't the fuel like but where the fuel line attaches because its a plastic fitting. Gone are the days of metal fittings they weigh to much I guess.

We had fresh tracks and bluebird pow all day yesterday on Yanks and my BODY HURTS!!! I feel sorry for anyone around here needing CPR today, cuz my compressions are bound to be less than life-saving!!

In the carnage report: Saw one 2013 Poo, one 2009 cat, and an old Mountain Max 700 getting towed out at the end of the day. Saw lots of stuck DOOs :) but none being towed... :beer:

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been having a problem with my XM too

It's been causing a permanent ch!t eating grin on my face, doesn't hurt my back or make my shoulders sore, doesn't burn nearly enough fuel and oil and starts in one pull

wish i had known about these problems before I bought into the doolaid :(

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been having a problem with my XM too

It's been causing a permanent ch!t eating grin on my face, doesn't hurt my back or make my shoulders sore, doesn't burn nearly enough fuel and oil and starts in one pull

wish i had known about these problems before I bought into the doolaid :(

Solution: more glue. Sniff until brain cells collapse and the ch!t-eating grin becomes stoner face. :stormzap1:

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had fresh tracks and bluebird pow all day yesterday on Yanks and my BODY HURTS!!! I feel sorry for anyone around here needing CPR today, cuz my compressions are bound to be less than life-saving!!

In the carnage report: Saw one 2013 Poo, one 2009 cat, and an old Mountain Max 700 getting towed out at the end of the day. Saw lots of stuck DOOs :) but none being towed... :beer:

Did you get any pictures from yesterday??? We had an amazing day at Yanks but never took out the camera LOL

Oh and I saw 1 doo towed out at the end of the day heheheheheh

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like to hear more about where the fuel line broke, if its the fittings behind the oil tank, they can be a real bitch to get at, and if inside the tank, on the pump, another job, i drilled mine out on the new build and went brass, just for that reason

usally a reason why things happen, just odd since no hard parts have changed from previous years

Broken fuel line: Isolated incident or a harbinger of DOOm for the months ahead??? :p

View attachment 142174

Also a problem: the Tow of Shame by a Skandic... :sadbanana:

(Does anyone think I should post this in the Polaris Thread so that all the DOO boys lurking over there will be sure to see it??)

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you get any pictures from yesterday??? We had an amazing day at Yanks but never took out the camera LOL

Oh and I saw 1 doo towed out at the end of the day heheheheheh

Gillene (Snoqueen) got some pictures as she is always handy with the camera. I took some nice video and helmet cam footage. I was gonna put up a little two minute segment, but I had to work today!! Maybe when I get home.

Thank you for the DOO info- we wouldn't want to spread misleading information regarding the reliability of certain brands on the internet, now would we?? Cough cough!! :nono:

Nice seeing you up there yesterday!! Torpy next time??

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like to hear more about where the fuel line broke, if its the fittings behind the oil tank, they can be a real bitch to get at, and if inside the tank, on the pump, another job, i drilled mine out on the new build and went brass, just for that reason

usally a reason why things happen, just odd since no hard parts have changed from previous years

Why are you posting informative and relevant information in a thread that is clearly meant to be inflammatory and misleading?? For fack's sake, don't you know this is Snow and Mud?? :ban::arguebats::shrug::police-035::protest:

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

LOL...awesome! any pics from yesterday?? or did ya already post em up somewhere else? went for a rip myself into hasler...not too shabby for a break in ride. hows the poo??

Top Bottom