Xm or pro

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even though I'm a brp guy. I am not afraid to admit that is gay.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Are you guys talking about the powder plow wind screen. If so I laughed when I seen that too. I'd rather gag on pow than have the plow on my new xm.

sledxp

Reaction score
Was just stating my observations and opinions from what I felt jumping from one sled to the other last spring in Eagles. Have you ridden a Pro Maxwell? Have you jumped from one sled to the other? I could be wrong but my Pro felt more responsive on and off the throttle in the trees. It could have been a number of different things Maxwell like the weight savings alone could make a sled feel and perform more responsive. Perhaps as Mareshow already stated I have several years riding Polaris and im just used to how it feels and reacts / responds. I'm not saying anything "bad" about the XM, it pulls and pulls hard but I just noticed more throttle response on the Pro in the short time I got to ride the XM. I would have loved to spend 2 weeks riding the XM to get a fair comparison but I did not. Both great sleds. This is an opinion based fourm, and everyone is entitled to their opinions.

How about we go riding and settle this in the trees? :)
Peace
its a showdown in the trees!
i have ridden the xm a day in deep pow and 2 summer days and my pro buddies are going back to the doo because its so simple to ride and the power doesn't even compare to the 12poo. when we had it out in the summer my pro buddies couldn't do the same stuff we were doing on the hard packed snow conditions with the doo. in the powder i was doing 540 donuts on hill sides and downhill was effortless. the track never looses grip from the snow.
if you haven't seen my xm video just punch in sledxp on youtube

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its a showdown in the trees!
i have ridden the xm a day in deep pow and 2 summer days and my pro buddies are going back to the doo because its so simple to ride and the power doesn't even compare to the 12poo. when we had it out in the summer my pro buddies couldn't do the same stuff we were doing on the hard packed snow conditions with the doo. in the powder i was doing 540 donuts on hill sides and downhill was effortless. the track never looses grip from the snow.
if you haven't seen my xm video just punch in sledxp on youtube

Anyone that doubts the XM is the real deal check out this guys video. Its amazing. :bowdown:

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that is called a good rider through and through. No matter what sled he could make it look good. Throw him on an 1996 XLT (aka HOG) and he will make some good video happen

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that is called a good rider through and through. No matter what sled he could make it look good. Throw him on an 1996 XLT (aka HOG) and he will make some good video happen
Doubt it. XLT will only want to go in the direction of .....................down.

M8spenny

Reaction score
Ever sidehilled or tried stunts like that on hero snow? Betcha you will find it alot easier in 2-3 ft of pow.Just sayn'.....

I agree, Thats why it looks like a hell of a sled on hero snow....I dont buy Mountain sleds for there ability to perform in June conditions but each to his own....great vid tho

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, Thats why it looks like a hell of a sled on hero snow....I dont buy Mountain sleds for there ability to perform in June conditions but each to his own....great vid tho

yes the xm is no good in deep snow. just hero snow. summits have never been the best in deep snow. ever. wtf.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For "VIP Members" you guys get defensive faster than anyone.

I think I can speak for M8 and myself and other that may not post... he is a skilled rider, that is the point.

Great video and he happens to be on a nice Doo. But I am sure he could do this on a Poo, Kitty, Nytro, etc..

He is a skilled rider and he deserves prop for that more than what brand he is on

M8spenny

Reaction score
yes the xm is no good in deep snow. just hero snow. summits have never been the best in deep snow. ever. wtf.

Ya thats what i figured.... hahah But That cool new XM rear skid will kick the ch!t out of the Pro's on the hard pack!!!

sledxp

Reaction score
i know i am plugging this new sled a lot maybe i should stop before i see all of you at my secret spots. naw i just want everyone to have the best time possible. i ride a 11 e-tec 163 and it can't climb like the new 154 in deep powder, the t-motion works so plucking good and the way they moved the front end works too. i rode my 11 with a bark buster front end and it held sidehills like a champ untill i hit ice and with the new one no worries about that since its glued to the snow all the time. you can do donuts in one spot for ever and spray all your buddies. i didn't video the sled in pow because we weren't sure if we could.
but really the main thing why i stuck with ski-doo after i owned a 08 because of the dealer service i get and i love the e-tec power. i blew my engine last season because the thermostat seized in over the hood powder and 3 days later i was breaking a brand new one in (not a rebuilt). my riding buddy had 2012 sled (its what we do on the toilet) and the dealer talked him into getting new sliders after 1000km and charged him money. and other buddy has the other brand (the thing why we put up with women) and his dealer charged him money for stuff that brp warranties. i like warranty and i do not get raped by dealers and how can you go wrong with bumper to bumper 3 year warranty. but if you just stay with a certain brand just because thats what you rode all your life you might dooing it wrong. just like the guys that buy the same brand of truck no matter if they are crap. i was going to buy the pro in 2011 but the dealer wouldn't tell me how much horse, kept telling me its right around the same as the e-tec, not even close. i compared the 11 to my 11 and its huge difference, the 12 poo has more but no comparison to the doo. i am not light so i need the power.

Top Bottom