XM home and wrapped !

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All pretty in black .. noticed the crazy blue reflection afterwards .. must've been the sky.. looks cool as hell !
IMAG0400.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

As you can see I put in a lot of hard work sticking the wrap kit on .. I mean, holding the work lights and getting the next piece is real hard work I tell ya! (yes she's a keeper!)

IMG_1537.jpg

One advice is to hold off on installing your skid plate and prefilter grills if you are going to put on the wrap kit.. mine overlapped with those items a bit, had to do some cutting!

Ill try to take some better photos in the day light tomorrow. Also going to order the tank and tunnel kit, really digging this wrap now that it's on the sled :D

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good can't wait to put the same kit on! lol to be fair when i ordered mine she told me i was the first xm kit she sold haha. Any other tips to putting it on? did you buy they kit or just stuck it on with blow dryer?

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good can't wait to put the same kit on! lol to be fair when i ordered mine she told me i was the first xm kit she sold haha. Any other tips to putting it on? did you buy they kit or just stuck it on with blow dryer?

I had my wrap in September .. she lied to you :p

I did get the kit, but found the instructions completely useless and confusing.. Specially the part about "Wet install" .. I assumed you can use one of the sprays to wet the panels so you can slide the graphics around, but the instructions kept talking about the kits that came on transfer paper .. mine didn't. I also ended up doing a bunch of trimming with an exacto knife .. some of the edges overlap.. not a big deal though

Well, not going to lie, I put on one piece and got so stressed out my gf ended up doing the rest ! I held the light :)

I just lined them up, stuck one corner and worked my way out with the squeegee... did get some bubbles in 2 of the pieces which I'm hoping to get replacements for.

oh, and one more cool thing about being the first xm wrap kit.. found a mistake! check yours and see if it's also messed up. Look up the big slice on part "B" .. doesn't match the rest of the wrap.. the design color scheme is inverted lol .. pretty sure they'll send me a replacement for that. Waiting to hear back from them...

IMG_1538.JPG

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had my wrap in September .. she lied to you :p

I did get the kit, but found the instructions completely useless and confusing.. Specially the part about "Wet install" .. I assumed you can use one of the sprays to wet the panels so you can slide the graphics around, but the instructions kept talking about the kits that came on transfer paper .. mine didn't. I also ended up doing a bunch of trimming with an exacto knife .. some of the edges overlap.. not a big deal though

Well, not going to lie, I put on one piece and got so stressed out my gf ended up doing the rest ! I held the light :)

I just lined them up, stuck one corner and worked my way out with the squeegee... did get some bubbles in 2 of the pieces which I'm hoping to get replacements for.

oh, and one more cool thing about being the first xm wrap kit.. found a mistake! check yours and see if it's also messed up. Look up the big slice on part "B" .. doesn't match the rest of the wrap.. the design color scheme is inverted lol .. pretty sure they'll send me a replacement for that. Waiting to hear back from them...

lol mine was September to so lets agree to disagree! I never got the kit but have had some experience doing this before but i really really lack patience so that could be a problem. But the best part about your advice is getting the GF to do it! Good tip! I'll post pics on this thread when i get mine done in a a few weeks!
Thanks!

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks great girl! Now you just have to get going on the Grip it and rip it part!

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Dont fricken take a lighter to your wrap lol. You shouldnt be screwing with it so much right off the bat anyways.. Quite a few of those bubbles will go down after a few days or even up to a week.Heating up plastic will NOT make an air bubble go away.. I wrap ALL my sleds and its been the same thing everytime. It all depends on the quality of the wrap.... suprising enough the thicker/higher quality they are the easier it is to put on I find.. Its the damn paper thin cheap ones that will give you the most problems. IMO. looks great!

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
put my wrap on my sled, and like T-team said the bubbles will go away, i had a few in mine and after running the sled a few times they were gone. i was told if you put a pin hole in the middle of the bubble it will help them go down with time, but dont know for sure....

looks awesome!

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put my wrap on my sled, and like T-team said the bubbles will go away, i had a few in mine and after running the sled a few times they were gone. i was told if you put a pin hole in the middle of the bubble it will help them go down with time, but dont know for sure....

looks awesome!

The pin trick works. It lets the air escape.

Top Bottom