XM front H-arm broke

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just cleaned up my sled for servicing and went to grease the rear skid. Noticed grease coming out of the lower H-arm shaft about an inch from the shock mount, H-arm lower cross has a crack about 3/4 the way around. (sorry cant get pic to upload) Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen? Sled has just over 800 km on it

Last edited:

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Image.jpg Here is a pic notice the grease coming out just to the left of the shock mount weld

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That sucks..... good thing you noticed it before it got worse!!!!

xmsummit154

Reaction score
Im sure mine is like that too . Pretty sure that is normal and not broken. Thats why there is two grease nipples not just one. How can we know for sure????

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only cracked/split on one side??

Thats kinda my point also! Im no engineer but if it was built with a split in it so the rails moved independently it should be split on both sides of the shock mount. This way the right rail moving is under shock preload and the left rail isn't. Also if there is a split in there on purpose why would they not place a bushing there so when it moves independent it isn't steel on steel rubbing together? And one more point is how can a solid H-arm be split at the bottom? if it pivots there then its gonna eventually twist and break further up! I may be off base but I'm gonna run down to the dealer today, was gonna buy a T-motion kit for my older XP. Ill see what the new one looks like and talk to service as well.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the movement is s000oo minimal up there its more of a minor flex. only one split required. yes if that thing was moving like crazy all day there should be a bushing and 2 splits. but its not and there is enough grease squeezed through that it wont wear out.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you try a bigger picture next time I seem to have forgotten my magnifying glass at home.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely manufactured that way. Just bought a new T-motion and installed on my 09 XP. And sorry BNorth as that was the only size photo I could upload.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the rude comment Sledderglen. Let me rephrase. BNorth what does the size of my picture have to do with the question I was asking? Your responce like a lot of others on this site (Off topic) and leads to people bickering back and forth. I think the purpose of this site is for people to help each other not pick apart their threads with useless posts or info.

Top Bottom